Sergio Mendes on Social Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Blakesley

Staff member
It looks as if Sergio Mendes, himself, is posting on Facebook. He's put up several pictures of him with Gracinha, various band members, and other things. It looks like he is having a good time reading posts from fans. Stop over and "Like" his page and leave a comment -- it's pretty cool to know that he (and maybe Gracinha) will probably actually see it!

The address is:
www.facebook.com/sergiomendesmusic

@sergiomendesmusic on Instagram and, I think, Twitter as well. A friend runs the social media activity for Sergio, so I'm sure the information gets passed along, wherever it is posted.

Funny -- Sergio put up a post mentioning the 50 year anniversary of "Brazil 66" complete with misspelling and missing apostrophe! Oh well, he's a pianist, not a typist! :wink:

THey are also running a logo contest for the anniversary with prizes, including backstage passes. If I thought I had any chance I'd go for it, but probably wouldn't be able to get near a show anyway.

Sergio doesn't post--he has someone who handles social media on his behalf. You'd think they would know the correct spelling of the "homeland"! :laugh: (Makes me think someone in the US is handling social media, as anyone in Brasil would spell it the correct way.)

Oh well, look at all the mistakes Josh Kun made in the TJB CD essays. (At least that's a good argument in favor of the new recreated-album-cover reissues!)

It might be surprising, but some artists who have been around for decades have no interest in social media or the Internet. It usually takes someone else to prod them to create the accounts, and then to find someone to run it for them. It can be a valuable promotion tool. One peeve of mine is that many of the posts are announce-only, and any questions users might ask in comments are never followed up on.

Thought I'd share Christian's post that Mike mentions:

50 years of Brazil 66 is coming soon, and for this special occasion I am starting a logo design competition with loads of great stuff to win. Participate, tag your designer friends, and have your design live forever.

For details see bellow:

------

Hi Guys, It's Christian again. Here is how it is going to work:

You have until the 6th of December to design and send in up to three logo designs per person.

The winner will receive:

- 2 backstage passes to any Sergio Mendes show in 2016 to watch the show and meet Sergio and the Band.
- 1 Special Merch pack with a variety of goodies
- 2 T-shirts with the logo signed by Sergio (Once they are ready)
- Credits for the great design

If you're not a good designer but have some great ideas, you can work with a partner. The prizes are for two!

Deadline: Sunday 6th of December 5pm EST
Send the designs to: Mendolina66 (at) gmail (dot) com

Good luck to everyone! Can't wait to see all your creativity!

So, the question is - does one reference only the B'66 years in the design or does one allude to Sergio's output afterwards?

From the responses in this and other posts on Sergio's page regarding the 50th anniversary, everybody wants the return of Lani & Karen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom