Sergio on CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brasil_66_Fan

Did anyone happen to see CNN's "People in the News" (or something like that) show on a few days ago in which they had a feature on Harrison Ford? I just happened to catch it while channel surfing, and they were describing Ford's struggles to become an actor. Apparently, and I've heard this before, he did a lot of carpentry work between auditions or roles just to make ends meet, including Sergio's home(?) studio, and therein lies the connection - Sergio was on for only a few seconds, so if anyone catches a repeat showing, don't blink or you'll miss him!!

brasilnut said:
Did anyone happen to see CNN's "People in the News" (or something like that) show on a few days ago in which they had a feature on Harrison Ford? I just happened to catch it while channel surfing, and they were describing Ford's struggles to become an actor. Apparently, and I've heard this before, he did a lot of carpentry work between auditions or roles just to make ends meet, including Sergio's home(?) studio, and therein lies the connection - Sergio was on for only a few seconds, so if anyone catches a repeat showing, don't blink or you'll miss him!!

Last months issue of Playboy had an interview with Harrison Ford, and he talked about doing Sergio's studio. Sergio didn't know anything about Ford, but was recommended by a friend, so Ford got to do it. It was a good article.

Capt. Bacardi
...proving that on occassion I actually do read this magazine... :D

...proving that on occassion I actually do read this magazine...

So YOU'RE on of the guys who get Playboy for the INTELLECTUAL STIMULATION! Can I have the pin-ups?

BTW, forgot to mention that CNN spelled it MENDEZ on-screen.....[/u][/b]

Alas! We have two "Brasil Nuts" among the ranks!! :confused: Seriously, Sergio was on the Pat Sajak Show back when Brasil '86 was released. He talked about Harrison Ford having built his home studio. "He was a great carpenter...out there with hammers and nails, studying scripts on breaks." When Pat Sajak asked him whether it was was evident that Ford would become a great actor, he replied, "Oh no! He was a carpenter, a struggling actor at the time..."

Interesting to note that this studio came into being around the time of Ye-Me-Le/Stillness/Pais Tropical. During Sergio's Sajak interview, he mentioned that Pat's music director, "Tommy" Scott, had come over to work on Primal Roots. "This was a few years ago..." Sergio recounted. "I thought you told us you were 25 years old!" Sajak joked with Scott. "I age well!" Scott replied, adding that Harrison is known for doing "an excellent impression" of Sergio.

Sidenote: Tom Scott's sax solo on "Balafon" is the stuff that goosebump material is made of. Brasil '86, Sergio on keyboards and the Pat Sajak band really jammed...one of my favorite Mendes moments on television.

Jon...the "Brasil Nut"

Brasil_Nut said:
Alas! We have two "Brasil Nuts" among the ranks!!

It would seem so. And both are old "veterans" to the A&M Corner. Brasil_Nut with the capitals and the underline is Jon Skinner; and brasilnut, lower case, no space, is old friend Tim Yee, whose photos of Sergio & Co. at the Michgan State Fair still grace a page in the Corner Gallery:

http://www.amcorner.com/gallery/collection1/collection1-2.php3

with my favorite photo being:

timyee_b662.jpg

Harry
...sorting out the Brasil Nuts, online...

Nice photo! :D Nice to pick up a couple of hot babes at the Michigan State Fair! :wink:

-= N =-
...just remembering he owes one of the Nuts an answer... :wink:

I didn't mean to step on your nut, Jon (just kidding!). I should have reviewed the member list before selecting my 'handle'. I tried to change it in my profile, and it looked like it took, but when I hit the "Submit" button, it went back to the original name. If Neil or somebody who's more computer literate than I can help me, I'd appreciate it! BTW, if you guys like my photos so much, maybe I can make copies to send out, and only charge what it costs me. I just took my 8x10s to K-mart and using their instant picture maker, made a decent copy. They have a 'Buy one get one free" special, so it was $6.99 + tax for both. CVS Pharmacy also has the same deal going. Any interest??

Tim (or Nut I or Nut II :wink: ): I've been swamped on my end, but I'll see if I can do something about the name as far as enabling a switch. (It may be deactivated by default.)

And I still have your private message to reply to when I come up for air. :wink:

-= N =-
...in "fix" mode...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom