Sergio's Horizonte Aberto: I may actually be getting a copy

Discussion in 'Look Around: Sergio Mendes/Brazilian Music Forum' started by Mike Blakesley, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Mike Blakesley

Mike Blakesley Well-Known Member Moderator Thread Starter

Ever since hearing about Sergio's excellent album Horizonte Aberto, I've wanted to get a copy of it. The closest I ever came was a CD-R which a member here was kind enough to send me, but I still wanted to have my own "factory" copy.

Amazon to the rescue. About a year ago, the album popped up on my "You may also like..." list. So I ordered it and... it was out of stock. Months went by, and it never showed up. After about six or seven months, I forgot about it.

Fast forward to this morning. I got an email from Amazon, saying I'm now supposed to receive the CD this coming Thursday, and do I still want it? Heck yes, I replied, so we'll see if it actually shows up. I don't think I'll hold my breath.

But that would be pretty cool...Horizonte Aberto and a brand new Herb Alpert album all in the same week!

Harry, Rudy and Bobberman like this.
  2. Rudy

Rudy ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ Site Admin

US
    I have a CD-R of that one also. (Can't recall if I've transferred it to the server yet.) Looks like some are still available:

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Horizonte Aberto

I was happy to find a decent copy of Quiet Nights a year or two ago. I'm surprised, the way the labels have reissued many of Sergio's earlier albums, that they haven't touched this one yet.

3. Over the past year or so I've been acquiring and enjoying the various ALEGRIA versions of the album that were released around the world with Graçinha singing the "Horizonte Aberto" song in Spanish, Italian, and English.

4. Mike Blakesley

Well... the CD never showed up today. I got another email from Amazon today saying it's delayed till.... next Tuesday. I should start taking bets on when (or if) it actually ever shows up.

5. Mike Blakesley

Aaaaaand there goes Tuesday. Still no CD. If I didn't already have a really good copy of this I'd be super annoyed -- as it is, I'm more like amused/befuddled. I wonder why they don't just cancel it. Probably computers fighting with computers.