SHM-CD 20/20 UICY8167 Sept 9, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

SakuraSYayoi

CD shop sites started to post another compilation CD that I posted to another thread(probably topic "40/40").

20/20 Best of Best Selection
UICY-8167
2009/09/09
2200 Yen

One of the site (Song list is in Japanese)
http://www.neowing.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=UICY-8167
( Site in Japanese of CD Japan.

40/40 page, you may compare songs.
http://www.neowing.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=UICY-1441 )

[ポップス定番ベストセレクション] ユニバーサルミュージックが誇る、永遠に聴き継がれる定番ミュージックを集大成した究極の新シリーズの続編。新たな選曲による20曲以上を収録した新編成アルバムを中心に発売する、日本限定のベスト・セレクション! ※一部商品を除く SHM-CD仕様。日本独自企画。 大ヒット中のデビュー40周年記念2枚組ベスト・アルバム『カーペンターズ 40/40~ベスト・セレクション』を1枚に凝縮したお買い得ベスト。リチャード・カーペンターの監修とリマスターによる新規ベスト・セレクション。

1 イエスタデイ・ワンス・モア
2 スーパースター
3 雨の日と月曜日は
4 トップ・オブ・ザ・ワールド
5 涙の乗車券
6 ベイビー・イッツ・ユー
7 オンリー・イエスタデイ
8 遠い想い出
9 ジャンバラヤ
10 動物と子供達の詩
11 マスカレード
12 ラヴ・イズ・サレンダー
13 メイビー・イッツ・ユー
14 リーズン・トゥ・ビリーヴ
15 ふたりの誓い
16 クリスタル・ララバイ
17 アイ・ビリーヴ・ユー
18 遙かなる影
19 青春の輝き
20 愛のプレリュード

Sakura

SHM-CD "20/20 -Best of The Best Selection" UICY8167
155.jpg

2200 Yen ($1 = 93.809Yen now)

Compare with Harry's picture of back cover of "40/40".
Harry said:

Sakura

If you are a collector, get red obi/back-cover. Red one has "We've Only Just Begun" twice!!

『カーペンターズ20/20~ベスト・オブ・ザ・ベスト・セレクション』不良発生について(09.09.10)
9月9日に発売となりました『カーペンターズ20/20~ベスト・オブ・ザ・ベスト・セレクション』(UICY-8167)の収録内容に誤りがありました。
不良品には「ベイビー・イッツ・ユー」が収録されるべき6曲目に20曲目と同じ楽曲「愛のプレリュード」が収録されています。
良品と不良品はタスキの裏面の色で判別できます。良品は白色、不良品は赤色です。
http://www.universal-music.co.jp/u-pop/artist/carpenters/news/index.html#090910

Can you see these?
correct
uicy_8167.gif

wrong
uicy8167.gif

Sakura

Hi Guys,
Times being what they are...should I or shouldn't I invest in the 20/20 or even the 40/40 set. Is there really something to this format or should I save me yen?

Thanks for all input,

Jeff

Sound; I recommend Japanese release SHM-CD "40/40". Far better than XRCD2 format. I love SHM-CD "40/40", SACD sound at SACD player and CD sound of SACD at normal CD player.

Universal Music Japan continue to release box set, MINI LP just like old LP, original albums for old fans and compilations. "40/40" had big success in Japan, thanks to the campaign by Richard and Universal Music.

In the U.S. "Gold: 35th Anniversary Edition" was #101 hit? TV spot and poster?

In the U.K. "Gold" became the 113th best selling UK album of the year. 2005? TV spot?

I'd like to see Carpenters on American news again. I'd like American fans to make Universal Music think Carpenters sell well. If not, original albums may not be released again. We don't get new song, we don't get DVD.

Probably 40/40 American release is not SHM-CD, though.

Sakura

SakuraSYayoi said:
Sound; I recommend Japanese release SHM-CD "40/40". Far better than XRCD2 format. I love SHM-CD "40/40", SACD sound at SACD player and CD sound of SACD at normal CD player.

Universal Music Japan continue to release box set, MINI LP just like old LP, original albums for old fans and compilations. "40/40" had big success in Japan, thanks to the campaign by Richard and Universal Music.

In the U.S. "Gold: 35th Anniversary Edition" was #101 hit? TV spot and poster?

In the U.K. "Gold" became the 113th best selling UK album of the year. 2005? TV spot?

I'd like to see Carpenters on American news again. I'd like American fans to make Universal Music think Carpenters sell well. If not, original albums may not be released again. We don't get new song, we don't get DVD.

Probably 40/40 American release is not SHM-CD, though.

Sakura

I'm sure 40/40 American release will be a standard CD and not an SHM CD. Universal Music now has Sony's US plant pressing all of their CD's.

I had spoke to a high level person at Universal in the US many times and Universal are really doing away with a lot of catalog titles and focusing on Compilations. With one of (if not the last) chain of CD stores in the US called FYE closing many of it's stores I think that in a few years there may only he a handful of CD stores. It's sad as I used to love to go to my local Tower Records and walk around looking at the CD's, seeing what is new and buying a CD and the joy of driving home and playing it right away.

Now most of the CD's I buy are mailorder.

Also Universal Music US is going heavily into digital download only. So there may be Carpenters music out there but it may only be available as a digital download.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom