SHORT BAJA MARIMBA BAND DOCUMENTARY

The Mexican beat.

??!!

Ok.

(Seriously, one wonders what musical ignoramuses wrote, edited, and released this stuff.)

I've always felt the BMB was like a 60s reboot of Spike Jones and his City Slickers, with the Mexican shtick played for laughs. Music that never takes itself seriously, but the band are all top shelf musicians, like in Spike's band. (Many in the BMB were active in jazz or studio session work. Except in the 70s where a baseball player sat in the trumpet seat for a while.)

I've always felt the BMB was like a 60s reboot of Spike Jones and his City Slickers, with the Mexican shtick played for laughs. Music that never takes itself seriously, but the band are all top shelf musicians, like in Spike's band. (Many in the BMB were active in jazz or studio session work. Except in the 70s where a baseball player sat in the trumpet seat for a while.)
I remember that Baseball player was none other than Carmen Fanzone he played trumpet
equally As good as Lee Katzman did before him in my opinion

as well

TJB & BMB got comedy assist from none other than Bill Dana (Jose Jiminez)!

Back
Top Bottom