Short Shuffle

stolfstolf

The introduction to the Tijuana Brass cartoon "Double Feature" is a 45-second version of Mexican Shuffle. It ends cold, with a single drum beat. Could it be edited on from the opening vamp? A small thing but there you go. Say, has anybody, for their own amusement, made a fake stereo version of Shuffle? Highs in one channel, lows in the other? I did, and it sounded cool.

My current preferred way of doing any kind of fake stereo is to simply apply a small amount of reverb to the right channel only. That method preserves the regular mono track in the left channel, and adds just a bit of dimensionality to the soundstage with the faint reverb echoing off to the right.

I used that technique on Julius' theme to VIVA VALDEZ. Put on headphones and give a listen:

My current preferred way of doing any kind of fake stereo is to simply apply a small amount of reverb to the right channel only. That method preserves the regular mono track in the left channel, and adds just a bit of dimensionality to the soundstage with the faint reverb echoing off to the right.

I used that technique on Julius' theme to VIVA VALDEZ. Put on headphones and give a listen:

I Love this Thank You Harry for sharing and Excellent Job on this tune too bad it never got released publicly

Back
Top Bottom