• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

Singer Tori Holub: Reminiscent of Karen

I often wonder where a true talent like this young lady can get their feet wet in the music industry these days.

Is streaming a blessing or curse for a new talent? Does streaming make it easier for a record to reach listeners?

But at a fraction of a penny per stream how does an artist make a living?

She’s terrific.

I often wonder where a true talent like this young lady can get their feet wet in the music industry these days.

Is streaming a blessing or curse for a new talent? Does streaming make it easier for a record to reach listeners?

She’s terrific.
I often wondered these same questions!

A quick, rough count gives over 40 separate reaction videos to Tori's cover of "We've Only Just Begun" on YouTube - the list grows daily - I've only watched a couple of them and in one the reactor had not heard the original Carpenter recording, but this didn't stop her from expressing praise - would she have if she had heard Karen? I wonder how many others did this, and did an uninformed, copycat reaction...

A quick, rough count gives over 40 separate reaction videos to Tori's cover of "We've Only Just Begun" on YouTube - the list grows daily - I've only watched a couple of them and in one the reactor had not heard the original Carpenter recording, but this didn't stop her from expressing praise - would she have if she had heard Karen? I wonder how many others did this, and did an uninformed, copycat reaction...

The younger generation tuning in have probably never heard of Karen.

She’s terrific.
Streaming and social media is a curse if it feeds into unhealthy fantasies.

I think that streamings, when used wisely, brings many benefits. I, for example, discovered the Carpenters' songs listening to Spotify, when I was 21 years old, 3 years ago. It's been 3 years and I'm a huge Carpenters fan to this day. Streaming platforms are like medicines: they must be used wisely.

Back
Top Bottom