⭐ Official Review [Single]: 12. "YESTERDAY ONCE MORE"/"ROAD ODE" (1446-S)

Which side is your favorite?

• Side A: "Yesterday Once More"

Votes: 30 73.2%
  • Side B: "Road Ode"

Votes: 11 26.8%

• Total voters
Sticking with Coleman's 1994 Biography, notice the photocopy of the lyric for
Yesterday Once More-- as originally conceived:
The last chorus apparently reads like this (page 130):
"They're as real to me now,
as the first time around,
they can steal my heart away,
just like before; it's yesterday once more
."

The last chorus apparently reads like this (page 130):
"They're as real to me now,
as the first time around,
they can steal my heart away,
just like before; it's yesterday once more
."

The first time I ever read those alternate lyrics I thought they sounded contrived...and still do now. Right decision not to include them.

I really wish this clip could be released in high quality on a box set or something, even if only just the audio of it. Such a nice musical moment between the two hugely talented siblings. Karen sounds wonderful here, both her singing and speaking voice.

I really wish this clip could be released in high quality on a box set or something, even if only just the audio of it. Such a nice musical moment between the two hugely talented siblings. Karen sounds wonderful here, both her singing and speaking voice.

It did show up briefly in Close To You: Remembering The Carpenters but I think she looks frighteningly sick in this clip. I'm not surprised it's never had an official release.

It did show up briefly in Close To You: Remembering The Carpenters but I think she looks frighteningly sick in this clip. I'm not surprised it's never had an official release.
Audio release would be nice. Her voice sounded so lovely. Also promo videos for touch me and those good old dreams were included in the yesterday once more compilation, and to me she looked even less healthy in those clips.

I was thinking about how much I love Road Ode, and then it hit me: Picture it as the last song on Horizon just before Eventide. It think it would fit perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom