1. The new Carpenters recording with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is now available for preorder! Use this link to preorder, and help us out at the same time. Thank you!

Official Review [Single]: 14. "I WON'T LAST A DAY WITHOUT YOU"/"ONE LOVE" (1521-S)

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by Chris May, Sep 10, 2016.

Which side is your favorite?

1. Side A: "I Won't Last A Day Without You"

33 vote(s)
    80.5%
  2. Side B: "One Love"

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  1. Jarred

Jarred Active Member

Yes! I couldn't remember which cd it was from. It's on my old iPod. That's the best mix in my view, the reverb doesn't really detract from the effectiveness there.

newvillefan likes this.
  2. Jarred

Jarred Active Member

However, does anyone else find the remix of One Love annoying? I bought it a few years back and something in the background a "ticking" or whatever drove me nuts. It's so small but it stood out sorely. Am I nuts? Haha I find no real fault in the original's arrangement (some tracks def benefitted from one) and it doesn't include this addition(?).

3. Harry

Harry Charter A&M Corner Member Moderator

The percussive "ticking" was always there. It was brought forward more in the 1994 remix.

Jarred likes this.
  4. newvillefan

newvillefan Well-Known Member

That’s the hi-hat on the drums being struck by a drumstick.

Jarred likes this.
  5. Jarred

Jarred Active Member

Oh okay, that makes sense, it just sounded better when more mixed/subdued, despite being seemingly somewhat not as crucial to the feel of the song.