1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. We have received word that UMe is aware of the problem with the Carpenters vinyl releases, both the box sets and the individual LPs, and has offered a solution. To receive a replacement, send a proof of purchase to UMGCustomerSupport@umusic.com. UMe prefers email, but those who prefer phone contact may call 1-800-288-5942 to speak to Customer Support.

Official Review [Single]: 27. "TOUCH ME WHEN WE'RE DANCING"/"BECAUSE WE ARE IN LOVE" (2344-S)

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by Chris May, May 5, 2018.

Which side is your favorite?

1. Side A: "Touch Me When We're Dancing"

28 vote(s)
    90.3%
  2. Side B: "Because We Are In Love"

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  1. Rumbahbah

Rumbahbah Well-Known Member

I'd be prepared to put money on MTV not considering playing Carpenters videos even for a second back in 1981. They were totally the opposite of what MTV thought its demographic wanted at the time. They would have been more of a match for VH1's style, although that of course didn't appear until several years later.

Mark-T and ThaFunkyFakeTation like this.
  2. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Well-Known Member

And considering that MTV’s first aired video was Video Killed The Radio Star...

3. newvillefan

newvillefan Well-Known Member

On MTV Europe it was Dire Straits’ Money For Nothing, which I always thought was appropriate as the song begins with the line “I want my MTV” :)

4. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Well-Known Member

However, the song didn’t exist till 1985.