1. The new Carpenters recording with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is now available for preorder! Use this link to preorder, and help us out at the same time. Thank you!

Official Review [Single]: 27. "TOUCH ME WHEN WE'RE DANCING"/"BECAUSE WE ARE IN LOVE" (2344-S)

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by Chris May, May 5, 2018.

Which side is your favorite?

1. Side A: "Touch Me When We're Dancing"

30 vote(s)
    88.2%
  2. Side B: "Because We Are In Love"

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. Rumbahbah

Rumbahbah Well-Known Member

I'd be prepared to put money on MTV not considering playing Carpenters videos even for a second back in 1981. They were totally the opposite of what MTV thought its demographic wanted at the time. They would have been more of a match for VH1's style, although that of course didn't appear until several years later.

Mark-T and ThaFunkyFakeTation like this.
  2. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Well-Known Member

And considering that MTV’s first aired video was Video Killed The Radio Star...

3. newvillefan

newvillefan Well-Known Member

On MTV Europe it was Dire Straits’ Money For Nothing, which I always thought was appropriate as the song begins with the line “I want my MTV” :)

4. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Well-Known Member

However, the song didn’t exist till 1985.

5. John Adam

John Adam "We are observing your Forum".........Baby

I'm the 4th in the series that voted for "Because We Are In Love." In a low-keyed way, it is as over the top as "Calling Occupants" was! "Touch Me When We're Dancing" is a very ordinary. Well produced, well sung. But it doesn't have the WOW factor of past hits that captured my full listening attention.