⭐ Official Review [Single]: 27. "TOUCH ME WHEN WE'RE DANCING"/"BECAUSE WE ARE IN LOVE" (2344-S)

Which side is your favorite?

• Side A: "Touch Me When We're Dancing"

Votes: 49 89.1%
  • Side B: "Because We Are In Love"

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
^It's hard to describe everything from the artwork and the music to the above! Do you know what year this was bestowed upon our listening displeasure?^

Maybe it's an outtake from "If I Were a Carpenter" Volume II. :wink:

^^^ Released in 2020. I couldn’t listen to more than 10 seconds of it, so yeah it would have been right at home on that tribute album!

I’ve just gone to Spotify to have another listen to the RPO version and spotted this abomination in the search results…

artworks-QIkDGrmrF1bzeznc-BIzqOA-t500x500.jpg

If anyone doubts Richard's contribution to the success of Carpenters as arranger, producer, background vocals, etc., please listen to this.

Uggg, truly horrendous. And I always try to have an open mind when it comes to "covers" - this isn't a cover, it's a travesty.

I’ve just gone to Spotify to have another listen to the RPO version and spotted this abomination in the search results…

Oh, this is high-larious. It's clearly intended to be tongue and cheek. The guys voice is so over-the-top. He means it, darn it! LOL! The cover art destroys me. Nice send-up of a pretty daft original to begin with. I think the whole thing's fun and I don't mind it one bit.

Ed

Oh, this is high-larious. It's clearly intended to be tongue and cheek. The guys voice is so over-the-top. He means it, darn it! LOL! The cover art destroys me. Nice send-up of a pretty daft original to begin with. I think the whole thing's fun and I don't mind it one bit.
:agree:

Always a joy to hear - if you don't think about how many extra tracks it took Karen to overlay her lead vocal and to add supporting background vocals, all of which created that lush choral effect in the choruses - and now here she is lip syncing the whole gorgeously over-produced song while looking irritatingly and dreadfully skeletal from years of senseless malnutrition - the only thing right with this picture is the naked Greek statues...best to just listen to the album cut, not think, and go with the emotional flow...

Always a joy to hear - if you don't think about how many extra tracks it took Karen to overlay her lead vocal and to add supporting background vocals, all of which created that lush choral effect in the choruses - and now here she is lip syncing the whole gorgeously over-produced song while looking irritatingly and dreadfully skeletal from years of senseless malnutrition - the only thing right with this picture is the naked Greek statues...best to just listen to the album cut, not think, and go with the emotional flow...

It really is very over-produced. Never a dull moment. There's always some flourish or accent. Yet, the song itself is so good to begin with, it can stand up to it. The entire album is severely over-produced and most of the tunes aren't anywhere near this good. I'm fine with the doubling in the chorus because everything is doubled to make it sound big and lush as you said. Karen is also left single-tracked during the verses. I'd have been fine if the "b" sections had been left that way too but Richard doubled them to give them a bit of a lift and I get that.

Ed

Coming back to this thread gave me the change to listen to this again. I think this is my new favorite thing. The endless modulations at the end are high-larious. This is comedy gold and I deeply love it. I'm not sure what that says about me but I'm sure someone here will come up with a few things. "OH BABY". I am DEAD! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ed

Ron Tutt passed away today. I remember reading that instead of talking her own vocals she was too busy praising Ron’s drumming on this album.

Back
Top Bottom