1. The new Carpenters recording with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is now available for preorder! Use this link to preorder, and help us out at the same time. Thank you!

Official Review [Single]: 3. "WE'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN"/"ALL OF MY LIFE" (1217)

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by Chris May, May 8, 2016.

Which side is your favorite?

1. Side A: "WE'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN"

36 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. Side B: "ALL OF MY LIFE"

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. John Adam

John Adam Well-Known Member

Perfect in every way!!!

2. ALL OF MY LIFE has been a favorite album cut since I purchased my first CLOSE TO YOU album. WE'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN has been my personal anthem for almost 50 years! Karen's vocal performance, Richard's arrangement and the music and lyrics and music of Williams & Nichols are the formula of perfection. I listen to this song every day. It fills my soul, warms my heart and allows me to power through my life. I am grateful.

3. Carpe diem

Carpe diem Well-Known Member

^^ It was a hard choice, I love both songs. You might or might not be aware of this great live performance of All Of My Life from "Your Navy Presents". The song begins at 10:23;

4. David A

David A Well-Known Member

WOJB is one of their "perfect" songs. Magical. It is on every collection I have ever made of Carpenters songs, along with Rainy Days and Mondays. And not surprisingly, the same creative formula on Rainy Days.

5. Rumbahbah

Rumbahbah Well-Known Member

That is a terrific performance - all the live segments from their 1971 BBC show were great, in fact. I love the way she harmonises with the band instead of singing 'before the rising sun' - it just makes the version even more special.

6. newvillefan

newvillefan I Know My First Name Is Stephen

She did that live in concert a lot as well, I've noticed that.