Singles - 45's - 7"

Song4uman

So, I have all of the US released singles. Is there anyone here who collects singles from other countries? How are the pressings? Just trying to decide if this is a new thing I want to add to my collection....

Jonathan

I’ve got a few non-US singles like “Druscilla Penny/Help” from Paraguay, and the Australian “Calling Your Name Again/In Love Alone” and Japan’s “Slow Dance” and “The Rainbow Connection/Leave Yesterday Behind/Medley:Superstar-Rainy Days And Monday’s”.

I only collect "singles" from other countries that were not released in the USA. Most have picture sleeves, and I really don't play them, just a part of my collection. I think they are worth having just for the sake of having them.

So, I have all of the US released singles. Is there anyone here who collects singles from other countries? How are the pressings? Just trying to decide if this is a new thing I want to add to my collection....

Jonathan
I collect the Japanese pressings, as I like the picture sleeves and the lyric cards. I've compared the Japanese pressings with the US styrene "pressings" and I'd say the styrene is generally "louder" or less insulated? Not really sure how to describe it in technical terms. They both sound good in my opinion, even if somewhat different.

Back
Top Bottom