Siriusxm 70's at 7 - Presidents Day Weekend

no1kandrfan

They have been promoting the Mount Rushmore of the 70's: Paul McCartney, Elton John, Stevie Wonder and Carpenters are featured. They play a lot of the C's on a regular basis, but there are many other singles they don't feature. Let's hope we hear them all. So thrilled they are being featured!

I heard Only Yesterday, which blew me away. It’s been decades for that one. For All We Know, and It’s Going To Take Some time. They are pretty good at playing Carpenters on the 70’on7 station. I heard FAWK last Saturday on Kasey Kasem AT40, debuting at #39 for the week of the 18th of February, 1971.

Glad to know they played Only Yesterday. I heard it last month on a local oldies station much to my surprise. Made me smile from ear to ear of course! :D

They had a good amount of Carpenter love going in the regular rotation today too 💕

I heard Only Yesterday, which blew me away. It’s been decades for that one. For All We Know, and It’s Going To Take Some time. They are pretty good at playing Carpenters on the 70’on7 station. I heard FAWK last Saturday on Kasey Kasem AT40, debuting at #39 for the week of the 18th of February, 1971.
I had a Sirius XM subscription about 10 years ago and frequently tuned into 70s on 7 but rarely heard them play Carpenters. Has this been a fairly new development for them? It's one of the reasons I decided not to continue my subscription.

I’ve only had it for 9 months, but didn’t hear Carpenters often until the fall. Just my personal experience though. Plus you get AT40 the 70’s on Saturday’s, so Carpenters are often heard on there, with some stories or background information about them. The Christmas stations play Carpenters often, including the 1970 version of MCD, which I love to hear. There are at least 4, maybe 5 channels during the season.

I’ve only had it for 9 months, but didn’t hear Carpenters often until the fall. Just my personal experience though. Plus you get AT40 the 70’s on Saturday’s, so Carpenters are often heard on there, with some stories or background information about them. The Christmas stations play Carpenters often, including the 1970 version of MCD, which I love to hear. There are at least 4, maybe 5 channels during the season.
Thanks. That's nice to know. May be worth taking another look at subscribing then.

Carpenters should have their own SiriusXM channel ! Where do we sign the petition?

I had a Sirius XM subscription about 10 years ago and frequently tuned into 70s on 7 but rarely heard them play Carpenters. Has this been a fairly new development for them? It's one of the reasons I decided not to continue my subscription.
Exactly my experience! It baffled me often how the No. 4 worldwide selling group, and No. 1 American selling group of the 70's hardly got any airplay...ever...then, all of a sudden, in the last few months Carpenters seem to be represented more in line with their 70's legacy. All I can do is imagine SiriusXM got a new programming manager for that station that actually, maybe, remembers 70's radio? Perhaps Harry has a side hustle in his retirement?

Or maybe even an A&M Station. Harry, and Chris May, with help from Mike Hagerty, and others on the forum that worked in radio. It would be awesome to say the least.

We once set up an internet A&M station on a site called Live365. Rudy, Steve S., and I would upload tracks that hailed from A&M. As I recall, they had rules about not playing too many songs from the same artist within an hour, or something like that, so we skirted around that by finding tracks that say, Herb Alpert appeared on but wasn't the lead artist. Things like a Lucille Starr track or a Baja Marimba Band track that Herb had appeared on. Stuff like that.

It was initially a free service, then they added commercials for non-members, then they finally put up a pay wall. There was a long period in the 2000s where that "station" continued to run without any input from anyone here.

We once set up an internet A&M station on a site called Live365. Rudy, Steve S., and I would upload tracks that hailed from A&M. As I recall, they had rules about not playing too many songs from the same artist within an hour, or something like that, so we skirted around that by finding tracks that say, Herb Alpert appeared on but wasn't the lead artist. Things like a Lucille Starr track or a Baja Marimba Band track that Herb had appeared on. Stuff like that.

It was initially a free service, then they added commercials for non-members, then they finally put up a pay wall. There was a long period in the 2000s where that "station" continued to run without any input from anyone here.
Is it still going, Harry?

Back
Top Bottom