"Sneaky" up on Billboard.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAZZ4JEFF

With a career that stretches almost six decades and includes nine Grammy wins,Herb Alpert continues to be a prolific music-maker at the age of 79.

On Sept. 30, the legendary trumpet player and producer will release his upcoming disc, In the Mood, a collection of songs featuring his take on musical classics -- ranging from The Everly Brothers' hits “Let It Be Me” and “All I Have To Do Is Dream” to time-honored standards including “Chattanooga Choo Choo” and “Spanish Harlem.”

Billboard.com has an exclusive preview of “Sneaky,” the lead single from In the Mood. Listen below:
http://www.billboard.com/articles/n...ndary-musician-herb-alperts-new-single-sneaky

Throughout his career, Alpert has sold over 72 million records, and placed 28 albums in the Billboard 200, including five No. 1 singles. He has scored 14 platinum and 15 gold albums, and is the only artist ever to reach No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 as both a vocalist and instrumentalist, with 1968’s “This Guy’s In Love With You” and 1979’s “Rise,” respectively. With his group Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass, the band garnered four albums in the Top 10.

One of the founders of A&M Records (with partner Jerry Moss), Alpert played a significant role in the careers of acts such as Janet Jackson, the Carpenters, The Police, and even Country Music Hall of Famer Waylon Jennings, whom he signed in 1963 -- some two years before Jennings began to find success on RCA Victor in Nashville. In 2006, Alpert was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

In the Mood Tracklist:
1. "Chattanooga Choo Choo"
2. "Blue Moon"
3. "Zoo Train"
4. "Begin The Beguine"
5. "Don't Cry"
6. "Let It Be Me"
7. "Spanish Harlem"
8. "5AM"
9. "Morning"
10. "When Sunny Gets Blue"
11. "Amy's Tune"
12. "All I Have To Do Is Dream"
13. "Sneaky"
14. "America The Beautiful"

In the Mood is available for pre-order at iTunes.

It's always an exciting adventure to hear new music from Herb Alpert for the first time. I'm surprised that "In the Mood" is not actually on the album. I expected it to be the title track.

Thanks for the 'sneak(y)' preview!

Charles

Thanks for the link! I listened to about 1/3 of it, then decided to stop because I don't want to spoil the album for myself. :phones: Can't wait for September 30th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom