Solitaire and STANDARDS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cam89

Hi All,
I think her version of SOLITAIRE blows me away every time I hear it. This song is definately a STANDARD! She starts off slowly and quietly but building to a climax. Her voice is so rich-filled! How could she not like this song or her interpretations. Her vocals sound so silky! I don't think that there is enough words in the dictionary to find the right words to describe it. She had so many different aspects to her range and vocal quality. Richard should release an album of CARPENTERS STANDARDS:

Solitaire
Without A Song(full version from AS TIME GOES BY)
When I Fall In Love
Little Girl Blue
This Masquerade
Ordinary Fool
I Can Dream Can't I
A Song For You
Baby It's You
I'll Never Fall In Love Again
Karen/Ella duet
Karen/Perry duet
Karen/John Denver duet
Karen/Andy Williams duet
I Just Fall In Love Again
When It's Gone It's Just Gone
Now
Look To Your Dreams
Two Lives( a great vocal reading!!!)

THere are prob many more great songs that escape me. Some of these songs are not actual standards but looking back in the past 30 some years, they are considered standards in a way. Karen's voice was timeless. I love the ending to the song SOLITAIRE...when she sings "He's Playing Solitaireeeeeeee..." and her voice seems to scrape the basement floor. That is the image I get. And I think, if they built a cellar, her voice could go deeper. Another song I love the ending is THE END OF THE WORLD...her voice is so rich and deep. It gives me chills! ANyone else feel this as well.
What songs give you the chills and explain please????

Karen vocal talent is like an award-winning ice skater. It seems effortless, yet captures every emotion while providing clear and precise precision. Her range was deep and refreshing and provided a new perspective to the singers of pop music. This mixed with Richard's carefully crafted orchestration captured the hearts of millions.

Craig

Give a listen to "Caught between goodbye and I love you" where she sang "It's a like a devil and the DEEP blue sea". For a guy, I have to try really hard to make it sound as deep as hers. And still, I couldn't quite nail it the way she did, so full of energy. She could do stuff like no one can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom