🎵 AotW Classics ¡SOMETHING FESTIVE! - Various Artists (SP 19003)

What is your favorite track from this album?

• Winter Wonderland - Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • The Christmas Song - Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66

• Raggedy Ann & Raggedy Andy - Liza Minnelli

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Partridge In A Pear Tree - Julius Wechter & The Baja Marimba Band

• My Favorite Things - We Five

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • The Bell That Couldn't Jingle - Burt Bacharach

• It's The Most Wonderful Time - Pete Jolly

• Snow - Claudine Longet

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen - Julius Wechter & The Baja Marimba Band

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Jingle Bell Rock - Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass

• Total voters
Yes, there's something Freudian about the bananas and Lani. :wink:

Sometimes a cigar is only a cigar, so I guess sometimes a banana is only a banana. :)

All I ever see in this entire montage is Pete Jolly's forehead.

Then Lani.

I hate to say it, but that is not a good phot of Pete Jolly--it is almost Frankenstein in nature. :laugh:

It's also nice that they lined up the Klingons on the bottom row of the photo. (Fans of the old Star Trek original series will remember my old joke about this... :wink: )

It's also nice that they lined up the Klingons on the bottom row of the photo. (Fans of the old Star Trek original series will remember my old joke about this... :wink: )

I thought the same thing, as I DO recall that joke. :)

Harry

I think I originally referred to the Fool On The Hill album photos when I first made my "instant Klingon" joke. :D

Another of those year-after-year revisitations. I've been spinning this one since it came out, and this year is no different.

Harry

I tried to play it in the car from my 16GB memory stick, but the files I converted from FLAC were partly corrupted. :mad: So I at least got to spin some of it today. But for the life of me, I can't find the LPs here, and I have four copies! Also missing a handful of Xmas CDs as well (Stan Kenton, Rev. Horton Heat, David Benoit, Mancini, and probably a few others). That's the part I hate about moving...

Hey! I'm back, and I voted for Snow as well. The other songs are great on this disc (minus Liza) but the disrespect for Claudine made my choice for me. I find her
voice haunting, but even beyond that -- it's just a great song. Randy Newman, is it not?

Back
Top Bottom