Song Folios

3Favorites

Did anyone by them besides me? And was there already a thread on this? Is so,...I couldn't find it.

I have the following song folios:
Ticket To Ride
Close To You
Carpenters
A Song For You
Now & Then (Did not include Jambalya due to copywrite restrictions.)
The Singles 1969_1973
Horizon
A Kind Of Hush
Christmas Portrait (Didn't include White Christmas as I recall)
Voice of the Heart

The other albums did not have a folio published, as far as I know. (If you tell me there were folios published, I'll be powerfully disappointed. I really wanted Passage. But would have bought them all.)

I also have one or two anthologies of the early albums. I took a quick look but couldn't locate them while writing this.
Then there was a 2 volume set titled Carpenters Complete. (It wasn't) I bought 2 copies of it because you often ended up breaking the spine on books like this when you tried to play them.

Then there is the more recent Carpenters Anthology. It is a book of 40 songs. This is my favorite I think, because the arrangements seem truer to the songs as recorded. There's A Kind of Hush has the intro and lead out that I guess Richard wrote as it wasn't on the original sheet music. This one is stall available.

I also have one that said it was transcribed from the records The arrangements are suppose to be what was recorded. But the melody is not included in the piano part. Would be good if you sang along or worked with a vocalist. Or it you had an extra hand so you could play the third part. I unfortunately did not.

Most books have one style or the other. But some books mix them. A few of the Carpenters songs did not have the melody in the piano arrangement. "I Need to be in Love" was that way.

That reminds me I also have the sheet music for many of the singles. Mostly the hits, as I don't think they published the individual songs otherwise.

Going through my sheet music, I found that there was a folio for the TV series "Make You Own Kind of Music" published as well. All the songs included were from their early albums except for "Make Your Own Kind Of Music."

On another note...Not Carpenters yet, but maybe some day....

Hal Leonard has started publishing a series of books that include the complete scores of all the recorded work for a small number of artists. They include Rush, Charlie Parker, Jimi Hendrix, Pearl Jam, the Beatles and the soon to be released Queen. Oh, how I would I like one of those books for the Carpenters collection of songs. I bought the one for the Beatles. Since I write my own songs, I wanted to see what instruments were played and what they played. You know....How they made that sound. Now if only the Carpenters would be included in that group.

Did anyone by them besides me? And was there already a thread on this? Is so,...I couldn't find it.

I have the following song folios:
Ticket To Ride
Close To You
Carpenters
A Song For You
Now & Then (Did not include Jambalya due to copywrite restrictions.)
The Singles 1969_1973
Horizon
A Kind Of Hush
Christmas Portrait (Didn't include White Christmas as I recall)
Voice of the Heart

The other albums did not have a folio published, as far as I know. (If you tell me there were folios published, I'll be powerfully disappointed. I really wanted Passage. But would have bought them all.)

I also have one or two anthologies of the early albums. I took a quick look but couldn't locate them while writing this.
Then there was a 2 volume set titled Carpenters Complete. (It wasn't) I bought 2 copies of it because you often ended up breaking the spine on books like this when you tried to play them.

Then there is the more recent Carpenters Anthology. It is a book of 40 songs. This is my favorite I think, because the arrangements seem truer to the songs as recorded. There's A Kind of Hush has the intro and lead out that I guess Richard wrote as it wasn't on the original sheet music. This one is stall available.

I also have one that said it was transcribed from the records The arrangements are suppose to be what was recorded. But the melody is not included in the piano part. Would be good if you sang along or worked with a vocalist. Or it you had an extra hand so you could play the third part. I unfortunately did not.

Most books have one style or the other. But some books mix them. A few of the Carpenters songs did not have the melody in the piano arrangement. "I Need to be in Love" was that way.

That reminds me I also have the sheet music for many of the singles. Mostly the hits, as I don't think they published the individual songs otherwise.
I always wondered why there were ones for Passage and Made in America.

I have one for "Love Songs" and a few other books of arrangements for beginners and another one arranged as piano solos. I've tried to collect all I could find. I even have one arranged for ukulele. For Christmas Portrait, there is the regular one, and there is also a "Special Edition" one with more songs in it. There are a lot more books than I would have expected. I was also interested to see that the songs are in different keys from book to book. For what it's worth. Chas

Back
Top Bottom