Song order during TV Special Music, Music, Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwimAMile

If I've read the song notes correctly, the following released recordings were used in some form during the Music, Music, Music TV Special (#5) broadcast.

Can anyone confirm the order in which they were used?

I don't have a copy of the special and my memory has faded. LOL And, of course, I realize some of the vocals on these tracks aren't the ones from the broadcast. :wink:

A. Without A Song (ATGB)
B. I Got Rhythm (ATGB)
C. Dizzy Fingers (ATGB)
D. From This Moment On (Interpretations)
E. You're Just In Love (ATGB)
F. When I Fall In Love (Lovelines)
G. Karen/Ella Medley (ATGB/Essentials)
H. 1980 Medley (Essentials)

I'd have to watch the special again to know the exact order (it's been YEARS since I've watched it), but I know that "From This Moment On" wasn't actually used in the special. It was an outtake, cut from the show for time reasons.

The show opened with a short bit of "A Song For You," followed by "Without a Song."

I still maintain that MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC would be a great CD, using the original vocals from all the songs. I was surprised back then that there wasn't a companion soundtrack released, but I guess that wasn't the direction Richard wanted to go in terms of album releases...

David

I agree that Music Music Music would make a great DVD release along with some performances of Karen in the other ABC specials combined with the Boston Pops of '74 program. The entire collection could still be called Music Music Music.

Craig

:wink: Hi guys,

Having joined your forum, I am surprised that you have already visited my website www.geocities.com/stemayers/

I apologise for the "I wonder Why" entry and will be changing it to "You're Just In Love" as soon as I update the site again.

Great to find a Carpenters forum at last. Look forward to reading your posts and will contribute if I can help

Great Carpenters Music Special and Richard's Favourite , That Planned 1981 TV Special is a What Might Have Been ......

There are some Outtakes from Music , Richard's Lead Vocal Version of You'll Never Know was Originally Planned for Release on As Time Goes By and then Cut Due to Time / Tracks Constraints :sad:

Richard Supposedly Has Karen Versions / Demos of Ella Tracks , Ain't Misbehaving, I'll See You Again and Several Others, Recorded in May 1980 -Perhaps These are Not Up to Releasable Standard and Were Not Considered for ATGB ?

Like Other Members , This Should be Released on Video / DVD With Extras and Improved Film / Audio Added for Fans to Enjoy :)

Peter....Music .....Music...Music.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom