Sony strikes again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAN BOLTON

I'm hoping that someone here at the Corner can give me some advice...I'm having a spot of bother with my DVD player.

It's a Sony DVD/VCR combo, model # SLV D350P. The problem is with the DVD portion...it won't play any discs. All I can get on screen is the message"THE DISC CANNOT BE PLAYED: PLEASE CHECK THE DISC". I've cleaned each disc I've tried to play, even CDs, and the result is the same. The owner's manual says that there might be moisture inside the player, and I've followed instructions for that[ leaving the player on for about 30 minutes w/o a disc inside...], and THAT didn't help, either. I even tried a couple of lens cleaning discs, but no luck.

I think it's more than a dirty lens, but I'm not sure. I bought it from Best Buy, and they recommend sending it off to the factory. It could be weeks before I'd get it back...

Should I send it off, and lose my VCR capability for awhile, or should I just bite the bullet and buy a new player? I can get one for about 40 bucks at Wal Mart. It would just mean more remotes and an adapter for my auxiliary stereo input receptacle.

This is my second Sony DVD/VCR player in 2 years; the first wouldn't track worth a crap when I tried to play a VHS tape. I'm just about to give up on Sony...they seem to be more interested in copyright protection than customer service, and they're pretty hapless at both!

Dan, disgruntled online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom