Sound Like Karen Carpenter? One Day In Your Life

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

I have never heard this song before, although I don't follow his catalog.
It's a nice song and words of sentiment and I actually do hear a little bit of Karen in his lower notes in spots.
There are a few of these 45's on u tube and on another one someone posted that it sounded like Karen.

Do you hear sounds of Karen Carpenter?

Record Mirror
May 3, 1975

sNI6ZSP.png

I have never heard this song before, although I don't follow his catalog.
It's a nice song and words of sentiment and I actually do hear a little bit of Karen in his lower notes in spots.
There are a few of these 45's on u tube and on another one someone posted that it sounded like Karen.

Do you hear sounds of Karen Carpenter?

Record Mirror
May 3, 1975

sNI6ZSP.png

New to me. Similar in some aspects, but I feel it's pretty easy to rule out Karen from the get-go. Karen's voice was "instant radio" as coined by Phil Ramone.

Michael Jackson's 'One Day In Your Life' was a Top 10 hit in Australia and was on the charts for 35 weeks, plus I have religiously collected all of his recordings over the years, including the Jackson 5 work, so I know this song really well, and like it. I have never thought it sounded like Karen, but no doubt the ranges of the two of them overlap and there might be some similar tones.

This song peaked at Number 55 in the USA and stayed on the Hot 100 for 7 weeks. In the UK, the song actually reached Number 1 and remained on the charts for 14 weeks.

I had the album this song came from as a teenager. It is called "Dear Michael." ODIYL was played on a couple of stations where I grew up. I was surprised it was not a bigger hit nationally. It is a very pretty song, but I don't hear or ever heard any similarity to Karen's voice.

Back
Top Bottom