[Split topic] From The Top 12x12

Status
Not open for further replies.

SakuraSYayoi

Chris-the-ordinary-fool said:
I have the original 12x12 box set of From the Top with the cool large color picture book inside, I'm very happy with the box set, it's one that I play very often.

Hi Chris,

Does 12x12 mean 12inch x 12inch? I might see the box set cover somewhere on the web, but I thought 6x6.
Was 'From the Top' box set was 12 x 12? Mine is 12 x about 6, 1991, made in USA.
When the original box set was released?

Sakura

Yes Sakura, It actually measures exactly 12 1/2 inches by 12 1/2 inches. It is a cool collectors item. What is really nice is the large booklet inside, I remember opening it for the first time & seeing Karen & Richard with that famous Karen wave (I think from Budakon) I remember sitting down for hours listening to this box set "From The Top" and looking at the pages & reading Richard's little remarks as each song played.

It's a special box set for me. I still remember where I was when I bought it in the store, of course that record store no longer exists. I must have bought it when it first was released.

Chris,

Thanks for your sharing your memory with us.
But I'd like to know when your box set was released. If you see the set now, would you see the back cover and post what year? Thank you.
My Budokan picture in the box set has no hand of Karen to wave. (Only her face.)

Sakura

Looking Out For CPC UK Release 1/9/03 , Will Check Out Best Prices As Already Have USA Issue :)

Must Contact Universal and Check Whether Media Campaigns Planned For CPC and As Time Goes By This Autumn -Perhaps We Will Be Surprised ......!! :o

Will Update Next Week.

Peter

Sukura ,

From The Top Wide Box Release was Original Box Set 1991 Issue -Later In 1992 for Second Edition , Box Set was Reconfigured to CD Size :confused:

Think I Obtained Extra Copy on USA Visit March 2003 , UK Friends Were After Copy -If They Do Not Want Copy -May Auction It or Trade via A&M Corner ?

Peter

Sakura,

PJ is right, mine says 1991. I got it when it first came out so it's the large cardboard box set. They later re-packaged it to CD size & shrunk the booklet to fit that box. :sad:

...whose happy to have the larger box set of From the Top, online...

I was one of the early purchasers of From The Top as well, and am truly happy with the way the set was packaged. Inside the large 12x12 box was a frame of foam padding which housed the four individual jewel boxes containing the CDs, each one with its own cover art and years and track listing on the back insert. The large-format booklet then laid nicely on top of the CDs, secured in the foam.

For general storage, I've placed the large box with the booklet in with my LaserDiscs, which are the same size. The individual CDs are in the Carpenters section of my CD shelves. - Very convenient!

Though I like the From The Top packaging, nothing beats the sonic excellence of its replacement set, Essential Collection. Stored in its own little four-CD jewel box and outer cardboard housing, it too is very convenient, with the booklet, though small, now at my fingertips.

Harry
...comparing box sets, online...

Thanks, Harry for your detailed explanation. I always understand the way you describe very well.

Thanks, Chris. I wonder if a large box was imported to Japan.  

Peter,

Thank you so much! You are very very kind to me.
But I have had a small set since 1991. Please let your frineds keep the large set or let another royal fan get it. Thanks again.

Sakura

Hi, Sakura. Mine is the original Japanese cardboard box of the LP size.
Later on, From The Top seems to have been imported and released with the Japanese song translation booklet TWICE!
Both are in the same rectangular form and yet the prices are slightly different. I wonder why.

Note: I split this topic off from the original Carpenters Perform thread, since the main topic had switched to the old box set.

Harry
...moderating, online...

Thank you, 350hunny for your information. I often find Carpenters fact that I have not known on this forum.

Thank you, Harry. I should have made a new topic.

Sakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom