Spotlight: MY ABSTRACT HEART (SP-5273)

What Is Your Favorite Song On This Album?

• 3 O'Clock Jump

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Romance Dance

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • My Abstract Heart

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Wish You Were Here

• Fun House

• Legs

• When The Lights Go Down Low

• Just A Dream Away

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kalimba

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Soho

• Total voters
It's on that A&M 50th ANNIVERSARY compilation.
I stand Corrected Harry Thanks i Haven't been able to Get that set yet because of prior obligations and priorities. ( And being on a Limited budget one has to prioritize. And i am no exception to that rule.)

My 3 song Cd Has 3 versions of 3 o Clock Jump the first track is the Album Version the second has the 12 inch remix and the third has the Dub Street mix. Sadly i havent been able to find other Cds like this before or after. But this is a wonderful rarity nonetheless.

I don't have that one on CD, but I do have the 12" vinyl with those three versions on it..

I would like to find the Diamonds Ep with the multiple versions of the cool summer mix.( i have one of those versions on The Uk" Very Best of Herb Alpert". Which by the way has the radio edit of "Rise" which is today impossible to find anywhere else.)

That "Diamonds" CD with the different mixes always goes for big bucks when it shows up on eBay. I have all of those versions on various 12" vinyl. The two CD 12" discs I have are for "Jump Street" 5 mixes, and "North on South Street" 7 mixes, both of which are promotional.

Harry

SP 5273 is the next AOTW. All the information and discussion is here should anyone wish to add their thoughts,

JB

I will add that I through still enjoy this album as I did when it was first released I first had it on cassette and I wore it out then I was able to get the CD later and it's still in pristine condition and is also ripped into my computer lots of variety of styles on it

A few updates for readers of this thread in 2019:

I managed to open the LP of SP 5273. Can't recall why, but it has just a plain white innersleeve and an 80's black/silver A&M label. There was a light purple hype sticker still affixed saying "FEATURES 3 O'CLOCK JUMP. SP/CD 5273. PRINTED IN THE U.S.A."

I must have located a copy of the "3 o'Clock Jump" CD single as it now resides in my collection.

Now a question: Is MY ABSTRACT HEART Herb's only album with a ddd SPARS code?

A few updates for readers of this thread in 2019:

I managed to open the LP of SP 5273. Can't recall why, but it has just a plain white innersleeve and an 80's black/silver A&M label. There was a light purple hype sticker still affixed saying "FEATURES 3 O'CLOCK JUMP. SP/CD 5273. PRINTED IN THE U.S.A."

I must have located a copy of the "3 o'Clock Jump" CD single as it now resides in my collection.

Now a question: Is MY ABSTRACT HEART Herb's only album with a ddd SPARS code?
At the radio station where I do my shows we have that exact vinyl version with a promo stamp on it and Its exactly as you describe it sadly at the time it came out I was trying to get it on vinyl but the place I normally bought my vinyl kept giving me all sorts of stories that it was out of stock at the factory or they cancelled the vinyl version just the typical game playing some of the stores played with customers but today that store no longer exists go figure

Interesting to see comments from about 11 years ago on the 30 year old album. As far as my own is concerned I stand by it. A good album, but like for all legendary artists, it is somehow overshadowed by the TJB catalog and the great solo successes Rise, Fandango and Keep Your Eye On Me. And I also like Herb's more recent releases better.

- greetings from the north -
Martin

Back
Top Bottom