Spotlight on a TJB-imitator

Years ago we had a list of "brass clones" submitted by Mr. Stolf (stolf). Hadn't heard from him in a while.

JB

Years ago we had a list of "brass clones" submitted by Mr. Stolf (stolf). Hadn't heard from him in a while.

JB
He was here just a short time ago, possibly as "stolfstolf." I still have to retrieve that old list out of a database I have archived. It's great for people would like to hear more of the same music, or those who want to identify if a tune was the "real" TJB or not.

Oh, I wouldn't bother listening to this version of "A Taste of Honey", obviously. But some of the songs - like "Just a Funny Song" and "Mexicali Itch" - make for fun listening.

Take "Tijuana Claxon" for instance. It's no substitute for the song it's obviously imitating, but the reference makes it funny.

And even if you hate the record, if nothing else, you must admit that I've given you a basis for SAYING you hate it. (My first set of uploads had a bit of bit of wow and flutter which might negatively impact people's impression of the record.) And I take pride - however misplaced you may think that pride is - that I've put that information out on the internet where people - yourself included - can access it and draw their own conclusions, even if that conclusion is "what a piece of <bleep>." I actually have information I could contribute to the web that no one else did.

And I feel that information is worth having. In my book, I wrote a blurb listing a lot of HA imitators, in which I mention that I like a few of them myself... obviously implying that I DIDN'T like the others I listed. It's good to have a basis for judging what you like and what you don't.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom