Strange Sounds Heard at the End of a Song

"Whoo!"

Heard near the end of Stephen Stills' "Go Back Home", a duet w/ Eric Clapton on his eponymous debut album...

Heard near the end of Average White Band's "School Boy Crush" from their album Cut The Cake, 1975...

And hardly a song that gave any one any serious work-out in the playing, but at the end of Billy Joel's "It's Still Rock 'N' Roll To Me"... And more verbal & verbose, in it dragged out a bit more from Joel...

-- Dave

I haven't listened to it in many years (it's not one of their better songs, I know) so my memory of this may be a little off, but I seem to recall that my 45 copy of the Captain & Tennile's "Muskrat Love" has the faux muskrat sounds at the song's fade out remain at full volume and continue on the trail-out area of the disc. It really weirded me out the first time I heard it! :laugh:

Dave: I do have the CD import (GLAM 7T's/Cherry Red) of Terry Jacks "Seasons In The Sun" (reissued in 2008) & "Put The Bone In" is on scratched vinyl so I guess they lost the master tape of that one. I heard Terry said "Oh, No" BUT you have to turn up the headphones though!! Also the songs "If You Go Away", "Me And You" & "Rock 'N' Roll (I Gave You The Best Years Of My Life") are in MONO as well. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

In the Raspberries song "Hard To Get Over A Heartbreak" (from 1973 "Side 3"), some guitar riffs & singer David Smalley (NOT Eric Carmen) is laughing & says "Oh yeah" at the end. The 45 single version does not have it (flip 45 side of "Tonight") because Capitol Records cut it out. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

In the Raspberries song "Overnight Sensation (Hit Record)" (from 1974 "Starting Over" on Capitol) at the end, the song "Go All The Way" pops up & singer Eric Carmen is singin' "Mama Yeah, Woo!!" That ending is also found on "Raspberries' Best" (1976) & Raspberries "Greatest" (2005) but NOT found on "Capitol Collectors Series" (1991) (used the 45 remix version), the RPM import of "Starting Over" or "Greatest Hits" (1995) (used the 45 remix version). Matt Clark Sanford, MI

The background vocals on "Tristeza" by Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66 get more and more out of tune as the fade progresses......one of the girls (Lani? Karen? another singer chiming in?) apparently just can't hear herself and gets a little too out of the pocket....it always made me laugh....

I always thought that was a kid singing (kind of like on the "Pretty World" fade).

Maybe this has been mentioned in this thread, but what is that weird "whistling" sound right at the beginning of Sergio's piano solo on Laia Laidaia at approximately 1:36.

Right at the end of Gordon Lightfoot's "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald": He says, "Yeh!"

-- Dave

There is hand clapping during Rod Stewart "Stone Cold Sober" (from 1975 "Atlantic Crossing") at the end of the song!! The song running time is 4:13 NOT 4:00 shown on the Warner Bros. label which is the Fast Side or you called it Fast Half instead of side 1 when side 2 is called Slow Half or Slow Side. The song was co-written by Steve Cropper. The background singers were either Cindy & Bob Singers or The Pets And The Clappers but not show which though. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

I'm not sure if these are endings or beginnings of songs:

At the end of The James Gang's 'Walk Away', on their Greatest Hits album, there is the sound of an acoustic guitar and someone laughing, whereas at the beginning of I'm not sure if these are endings or beginnings of songs: At the end of The James Gang's 'Walk Away', there is the sound of an acoustic guitar and someone laughing, whereas at the beginning of 'Midnight Visitor', by Joe Walsh's succeeding group, Barnstorm, you hear that acoustic guitar passage playing much more loudly...

Then there's Blood, Sweat & Tears' remake of Tim Buckley's 'Morning Glory' on Child Is Father To The Man, that has that same musical passage at the beginning, which would appear at the ending of on 'You've Made Me So Very Happy' on the group's eponymous 2nd album...

-- Dave

Here is Grand Funk Railroad "Please Me" (from 1974 "Shinin' On") which somebody says "& suck it" at the end of the song: Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Bobby Goldsboro's "Theme From EVENING SHADE", he says "You better believe it!" at the end... (Though he didn't say it when I saw him sing this (in place of the SWAMP CRITTERS footage and singing "Color Of The Blues", one of their songs from the cartoon, when Bobby retired from his music career to do Animation) in concert...!

There's video footage showing the cast of characters in the series in a Bobby Goldsboro video I have of him, including a funny shot of Hal Holbrook w/ soap bubbles all over him...

-- Dave

Before "COM" or "COMS" (plural) stood for "DOT-COM", it meant COMMUNIST!

Pat Boone's spoken-statement, at the end of this one:

-- Dave

"Fly Like An Eagle" by Steve Miller: There's that "beep" you hear at the end (where if you don't have it on a 7" single like I had, it's not edited off) as the song "simulates the eagle taking off"'...

Which while walking around outside a long time ago and just discovering this song, I would hear a "beep" sounding just like the one I the song (but without hearing the song playing)...

Maybe it all coincided when trucks started using a "warning beep" that sounded when their drivers were backing up...!

-- Dave

Last edited:
I thought Tommy Tedesco threw his guitar in the air at the end of this song & it crashed to the floor (the pieces of it were later framed by his wife) and while still plugged into the amp... Did that incident not get recorded? (To quote: "The lead sheet for the final track recorded ("Don't Call On Me") included an instruction that called for the players to improvise a cacophony of sound"), but this is the Monkees version from Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn, and Jones:

It's actually at the end of the instrumental version of "Don't Call On Me" on Nesmith's WICHITA TRAIN WHISTLE SINGS, his debut solo album on Dot, where you hear Tom Tedesco 'Pete Townsend' his guitar... (Just bought that record and played it today!)

-- Dave

Never has anything made me LAUGH so HARD, as Nervous Norvis (real name: Jim Drake) repeatedly singing "Stick your head in a garbage can, and--Whaaaooooooo!!!! Whaaaooooooo!!!!"...!!!! :biglaugh:

Oh, yeh! At the end of this song: Jim says: "That lettuce is MURDER, cats!"... Wonder what he exactly meant by that? :freak:

Maybe "the lettuce in there, that got thrown away"...! :nyah:

-- Dave

Hope it's not too early to hear Christmas Music! Yes, the guitar playing "Jingle Bells" at the end of "The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole:

-- Dave

Make_It_Stop.jpg

The late-Duane Allman's signature "bird call" on his guitar at the end of "Layla", when he was with Derek & The Dominoes...! :crow:

-- Dave

Back
Top Bottom