Summetime Fun Compilation

Been thinking more about the song Happy and other such tunes that remind me of summer. So here is my list of Happy Poolside Summer Compilation: Happy, Top of the World, Dancing in the Streets, One Fine Day, Jambalaya, Sing, Kind of Hush, And When He Smiles, Good Old Dreams, Touch Me When We're Dancing, Sailing on the Tide...

Great summer list ! I would add Can't Smile Without You. Another great one that keeps the happy vibes going.

Don't Be Afraid, Boat to Sail, All You Get From Love, Postman, Love is Surrender, Our Day Will Come. So many great ones!

I would even add “Little Honda”, “Da Doo Ron Ron”, “The Book of Love”, “Say Yeah!”, “Who Do You Love?”

For me it would probably be the whole oldies medley, and maybe “There’s a Kind Of Hush” and “Top Of The World.”

Another song, Daydream Believer, would have been a perfect Carpenters Summertime tune. In fact, in the 70s, I emailed the fan club with my humble recommendation and received a kind note thanking me my idea (that is, Carpenters releasing this Monkees tune). Then later Anne Murray released Daydream Believer. Still I hear a Carpenters version and believe that it would have been a favorite Summertjme Poolside hit.

Nobody has mentioned “All You Get From Love Is A Love Song”. The entire instrumental break with the sax solo and “head voice” background vocals by Karen are the quintessential summer sound for me. Whenever I’m on holiday and lying around the pool in the sunshine it’s the one song I go to first. Should have been a bigger hit than it was.

Nobody has mentioned “All You Get From Love Is A Love Song”. The entire instrumental break with the sax solo and “head voice” background vocals by Karen are the quintessential summer sound for me. Whenever I’m on holiday and lying around the pool in the sunshine it’s the one song I go to first. Should have been a bigger hit than it was.
I did. :)

Back
Top Bottom