Superstar-1985 remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

andywithaz

The 1985 remix of Superstar appears on the Gold/Yesterday Once More DVD. I was wondering if the 1985 remix appears anywhere on CD?

Yes, this remix (which is also heard in "The Karen Carpenter Story"/although the movie version was tweaked even further) can be found on the Australian import "Startrax", which has been popping up in Borders Books and Circuit City again lately. You can also find it on the original 1985 double album release "Yesterday Once More" (not the Remastered Classics version).

And by the way, the original 1985 "Yesterday Once More" IS available on CD...It is no longer in print, but there are sealed copies floating around somewhere. I found one, as I am sure there are import companies and collectors that have these around. You might also consider looking on ebay :) -Chris

That original Yesterday Once More double-album set was also released as Classics Volume 2 in the A&M 25th Anniversary series. It was sonically identical - just the packaging changed.

The 1985 remix of "Superstar" can also be found on:

Remeniscing (Canada-1988)
Anthology (Japan-1989)
Only Yesterday (UK-1990)
Their Greatest Hits (Germany-1990)
Startrax (Australia-1991)

On many compilations thereafter, Richard used the 1991 remix, a further tweaking of the song. And still later, he seems to have begun favoring the original album mix.

Harry
...who has the original mis-printed Yesterday Once More set, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom