SWEET MEMORY JAPAN 6 CD Set

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have enjoyed this set very much. The theme of each disc and the songs correlating to it is interesting. I hear a song, and of course your brain already tells you what to expect next and then...NO it's all different. The remixes of the older songs from "Offering" were great. In addition, "Another Song", what could I say that hasn't been said already by people with a sharper ears than I! BTW, the songs have been sticking in my husband's head as he was working from home the day I played them. Always nice to capture another fan :) Notes from a novice.....

That's awesome you got it, I know you have been wanting it for quite some time. I'd love to hear your review once you have had time to listen. There is also the clean opening of "Nowadays Clancy Can't Even Sing" that appears on this set and no where else that I'm aware of, this is something else I'd be interested to know from Richard why he removed his count in. It's always been apart of the song for me and to hear it removed was startling at first but cool we have both now.

If I had to do it over again and I was choosing between getting this and the 40th set, I would pick this set first and later the 40th. They are both must have purchases for collectors but like PJW mentioned the theme of each disc and the order of the songs make it really an enjoyable listen. Once you get the set you realize how much effort went into the set with the art deco covers and themes and song choices.

It appears Richard likes to gives the exclusives to the Japan audience, maybe it's possible they are more appreciative of the duo's work than other countries. When you think about the box sets that have been issued, the 35th, 40th, The Singles box set, Sweet Memory, Treasures, The Karaoke Mixes....Japan has been the place for these exclusive releases.

The strangest thing about Sweet Memory is that I've been aware of it for quite some time and concluded the artwork was an indication that the set was subpar. From fuzzy pics the art deco packaging was lost on me. Now after hearing the countless revelations about the inclusions I'm very satisfied with the purchase and its subsequent arrival. Incidentally peoples, pay heed to Harry's warning about bootleg 40th anniversary sets! As stated earlier, I had the unfortunate misrepresentation in my paws a while back and with Harry's suggested approach to the seller I was able to secure my refund. The seller acted as tho he was taken aback at the misfortune...naturally. Later, I connected with Yuko/Yuka Ogura in Japan who kindly and promptly secured the real thing.

Ding dong. Registered mail from Japan. 11 days in the shipping albeit it holidays, but the collection has arrived this moment. Securely and fastidiously packaged for its journey across the Pacific. I feel as tho I've 'won a major award.' In the tedious unwrap I find 6 cd's in excellent condition as promised by the seller. I'm titillated at the real prospect of having a CarpenterS "new" release to my collection. This listening endeavor is going to be an undertaking. Already noticing that Rainy Days is off on its own with no Superstar lead-in. Interesting and fun. Soooo BeeBee1 give me a private contact.

Jeff

Love the set! All inclusions sound marvelous! The funny thing is that I have all but 2 remixes...me thinks. To do it over again I might let this slip by. It is fun to hear the tunes in no particular order but I can achieve that without the price tag. I'm CONSIDERING, only considering, offering this up with the $59+$25 overseas shipping cost, plus my shipping cost. So toss the idea around. A similar set in this condition would be as much or more than I spent. Just considering. Pondering the thought. Perhaps a private message would push me over the edge. No promises. I'm not accustomed to letting go of something I've devoted so much obsession.

Jeff

Hey Chris! Looks like you and I both got copied from:

This seller has your pictures from earlier in the thread. He's got the auction labeled as a 6-CD set, but has YOUR extra two discs pictured! For his track lists, he's copied everything verbatim from the Carpenters Recording Resource.

I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...yeah, that's it!

Harry

Hey, I want my royalties :laugh: I only see 1 of my photos, the back cover I made for "all the rest" did they take down the other? How weird, why would they show that when I made that disc as #8 but his listing is only for discs 1-6. :sigh:

I guess my checks in the mail, I feel famous. :laugh:

We have some forum peekers, huh? :cool:

Hey, I want my royalties :laugh: I only see 1 of my photos, the back cover I made for "all the rest" did they take down the other? How weird, why would they show that when I made that disc as #8 but his listing is only for discs 1-6. :sigh:

I guess my checks in the mail, I feel famous. :laugh:

We have some forum peekers, huh? :cool:

Yep. Looks like after I "busted" whoever the seller was, some of the pictures were taken down. They were straight from the first post in this thread.

Harry

This gives you a chance to see the covers...it almost makes me want to purchase the set again just to get the covers...wish I had waited and bought this set. I just think the covers make the set complete. This is a nice one in excellent condition!!!

I have those covers and usually leave them off for three reasons.

(1) - these cardboard slipcases are made of thick material, so adding six of them to the CD shelves makes them take up so much more room.
(2) - the slipcases fit very tightly on the jewel cases, making them difficult to remove - and removing them is necessary because of (3):
(3) - there is no track list on the back of the slipcase, so you HAVE to remove it to view what's on the disc.

So with that triple whammy, I left them off, storing them with my cardboard long-boxes.

Harry

They really went all out on the artwork for that set, even the sleeves match the typeface, Carpenters logo appear and they are color coded, from a collectibility aspect having them would be a plus. I have a CD from a different artist with a similar cardboard sleeve and that one is also a bear to get on and off. Then there is the dilemma of how would I make those 2 extra cardboard sleeves for my extra 2 homemade discs 7 and 8, yeah...not going to happen.

Here is the photo from the listing in case someone doesn't click the listing and wants to see the sleeve up close.

$_57.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom