Sweet Memory

Thought I'd share the latest add to my Carpenters collection. The Sweet Memory set. All six CDs are sealed and it came with the box as well. :)

, the project
congratulations !! i was not able to obtain this set, i didn't know about it for many years. after i heard the remix of ANOTHER SONG, i doubled my efforts. fortunately, a few years ago, the project was issued as BEST SONGS. it doesn't have the lovely artwork, but i finally have the remix.

congratulations !! i was not able to obtain this set, i didn't know about it for many years. after i heard the remix of ANOTHER SONG, i doubled my efforts. fortunately, a few years ago, the project was issued as BEST SONGS. it doesn't have the lovely artwork, but i finally have the remix.
That's great! I believe the only differences between the two sets are the artwork and packaging. Content is all the same (including the liner notes). :)

Congratulations! Love that set, the artwork is really beautiful. I wish to know where to get those japanese oversized jewel cases to replace mines. I did not get the Best Songs for my collection. Nothing really impressive in that one when it comes to the differences in both artworks.

Thought I'd share the latest add to my Carpenters collection. The Sweet Memory set. All six CDs are sealed and it came with the box as well. :)

Great purchase! I’ve always wanted that set. Do you plan on opening them or keeping them sealed? I’m not sure I could resist the temptation!

If I had the choice, I’d keep the Sweet Memory CD’s sealed and purchase a Best Songs and open it. BTW, I find the original Another Song wraps circles around the remix, but I think that way of all the Close To You selections, except for Baby It’s You and Maybe It’s You, which I teeter back and forth on.

Great purchase! I’ve always wanted that set. Do you plan on opening them or keeping them sealed? I’m not sure I could resist the temptation!
I've decided to keep them sealed. :laugh: I agree about the temptation though! Also, the liner notes are really thick so I am really curious to know what's inside!

If I had the choice, I’d keep the Sweet Memory CD’s sealed and purchase a Best Songs and open it. BTW, I find the original Another Song wraps circles around the remix, but I think that way of all the Close To You selections, except for Baby It’s You and Maybe It’s You, which I teeter back and forth on.
We're on the same page. I was thinking if I can find the Best Songs set, I can listen to it while keeping Sweet Memory intact. 👍

I've decided to keep them sealed. :laugh: I agree about the temptation though! Also, the liner notes are really thick so I am really curious to know what's inside!
I have two sets. A sealed one in a brownish box and an opened set that came with a cardboard sleeves each as seen in the photos. I think the first time I saw this compilation was in the Mook Carpenters magazine if I remember correctly back in the 90's. I love the watercolor artwork. Super thick liner notes with the songs and some bio in Japanese I guess.

Here are some pics. Resist the temptation!

I have two sets. A sealed one in a brownish box and an opened set that came with a cardboard sleeves each as seen in the photos. I think the first time I saw this compilation was in the Mook Carpenters magazine if I remember correctly back in the 90's. I love the watercolor artwork. Super thick liner notes with the songs and some bio in Japanese I guess.

Here are some pics. Resist the temptation!

Thanks for sharing the photos, Jorge! It certainly helps with the temptation. 😄

Keep yours sealed! I bought a used copy on eBay and am planning on ripping them once they arrive! I can send you FLAC or WAV files if you really want to hear what's on those CDs!

Back
Top Bottom