🎤 Interview Talk Radio Europe's Ger Sweeney interviews the coauthors of "Carpenters: The Musical Legacy"

Thank Chris and Mike for sharing this. Great Interview. Literally can not wait for the book and Richard's Album. You have made me a die hard fan from the beginning just like Mike mentioned in the interview. I was going on 14 when Close To You made it to #1. And here I am now still after all these years still a fan for life

Thanks for the post, Mike & Chris. I listened right through. For me, as a fan of 50 years, some major selling points of your book include that Richard Carpenter himself was deeply involved and that the the book focuses largely on the music. When I was younger, I probably would have been drawn to a publication that paid Karen's and Richard's personal lives equal attention to their music but, by now, we've had plenty of information about their personal lives. With Richard's obvious attention to detail that he has demonstrated right through his career, 'Carpenters - The Musical Legacy' is sure to be totally fulfilling.

The point made in the interview that Karen (and Richard) were tough will be no surprise to long-term fans now, but when I was young I wouldn't have wanted to recognise this side of them. Life experience now tells that a lot of recording artists with an image of being sweet and even vulnerable had to have a tough side to them, to survive in the music industry. This must have caused a lot of angst for those artists who actually were the stereotypical all-sensitive, dreamy, artistic types.

Looking forward to a relaxing, informative, summer read!

Very interesting interview guys. And you can understand why Richard would like to let sleeping dogs lie in many respects - life is just too short for feuds.

Back
Top Bottom