The A&M CTi Records

JOv2

We probably have two of the last few sealed Tamiko Jones LPs in the world. ๐Ÿ˜
We should shoot her an e-mail... In any event, I will be breaking the seal in a couple days. (For years now I've been shooting videos of such events. I call it Breaking The Seal and I give a little dog and pony show: discuss the background of the artist and the LP and cover art; then I break the seal and review the inner sleeve for a little contextual history (e.g., like why RCA was hocking 1965 Al Hirt and Peter Nero LPs in a 1970 Lighthouse LP...), and finally examine the LP surface and the cut. Silly, I know, but it will be something my kids can laugh at 20 years from now... when they're trying to understand my obsession with 1960s music -- while figuring out what on earth to do with all the LPs and CDs.)

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
We probably have two of the last few sealed Tamiko Jones LPs in the world. ๐Ÿ˜

Looking around, I see a number of this Tamiko Jones title that has no A&M or CTi logo on the front, and one of the listings mentioned both a UPC and the Music For Pleasure (mfp) label, and all are still sealed. Looks like this title got a cheap-y reissue on mfp.

JOv2

Looking around, I see a number of this Tamiko Jones title that has no A&M or CTi logo on the front, and one of the listings mentioned both a UPC and the Music For Pleasure (mfp) label, and all are still sealed. Looks like this title got a cheap-y reissue on mfp.
According to Discogs, that's a 2020 LP issue. The same label has a couple Command LPs listed as well. (Those things are probably created for and marketed to the "new hip vinyl" buyer...with endless disposable income.)

JOv2

Shoring up the CDs now with the preferred versions (used, of course, SS of these are out of $ite) of these fine releases.

JOv2

SP-3032 & SP-3033: The first two "post-A&M/CTi" releases... The Desmond, for intents and purposes, is a CTi -- I believe Rudy may have previously said it exhibits all the CTI trimmings, which, given Sebesky managing the affairs, is the principal reason it comes off as the 1970 cousin of Summertime. On the other hand, the Jolly release, which I just picked up, is something else altogether...

Top Bottom