šŸŽ¶ Album Sides THE ALBUM SIDES [Poll]: "PASSAGE" (SP-4703)

Which side is your favorite?

• Side 1

Votes: 32 76.2%
  • Side 2

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters
With Argentina, I always found whether it was on the vinyl or digital, the strings, especially at the opening, sound like they are on a part of the tape that was maybe getting stuck on the pinch roller or other part, and the violins and others strings have that tape stretching sound to them.

May I quote you, Rumbahbah ?
"...it's hard not to get swept up by the beauty of the performance."
I feel that that sentiment sums up how I feel when I listen to Passage, in particular...
Calling Occupants, Two Sides, I Just Fall In Love Again & Don't Cry For Me Argentina.

May I quote you, Rumbahbah ?
"...it's hard not to get swept up by the beauty of the performance."
I feel that that sentiment sums up how I feel when I listen to Passage, in particular...
Calling Occupants, Two Sides, I Just Fall In Love Again & Don't Cry For Me Argentina.
Iā€™m not crazy about Two Sides (it needed a stronger arrangement but with great lyrics that were sadly simpatico with our narrator), but itā€™s pretty, and the others you mentioned have a colorful grandiosity to them that give them the feel of an almost cinematic journey. They sound as if you can imagine visuals with them easily.

I just found this interesting review of Passage: (warning there is some foul language in this reviewā€”-the f-bomb does get dropped a few times)

(The guy uses a clip for ā€œMan Smart, Woman Smarterā€ from ā€˜Space Encountersā€™ that seems to have different lyrics than the album cut.)

I just found this interesting review of Passage: (warning there is some foul language in this reviewā€”-the f-bomb does get dropped a few times)

(The guy uses a clip for ā€œMan Smart, Woman Smarterā€ from ā€˜Space Encountersā€™ that seems to have different lyrics than the album cut.)

The f-bomb is exactly what such a subversive album needs.

Iā€™d disagree L. In terms of a train wreck, I would say thatā€™s MIA, not ā€œPassageā€. Yeah, ā€œPassageā€ is all over, but at least itā€™s not a turkey dinner where all thatā€™s left of the turkey is the skeleton with only a few scraps of meat clinging to the bones. ā€œPassageā€ may not be a turkey dinner, but itā€™s more like a party finger-food dinner.

Back
Top Bottom