The Baja Marimbas Are Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is such good news I don't think I could stood it no more--as Justin Wilson might have opined. I for one am eagerly awaiting the reissue, I gar-on-tee!

Mike A.

Hi all. We'll be announcing the New Deal CD, now titled Lazy Days, within the next week or so, in conjunction with the Blu-ray and CD release of Julius' son David's short film musical, Junior High School, for which Julius did the arrangements and wrote the background score - the players, as you might imagine, are all the folks you know and love.

In addition to The Baja Marimbas release, Bruce Kimmel's label, Kritzerland (www.Kritzerland.com), will also be releasing a Blu-Ray copy of David Wechter's film, JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL. And the 3rd release will be a CD of the music from this film. The soundtrack CD has arrangements and incidental music by Julius.

Excellent news icant wait to get my hands on those musical goodies any new baja and or wechter related issues are always most welcome.

It'd be awesome if David Wechter's "Gravity" short was included as well!

Kritzerland is proud to present a new, limited edition CD

LAZY DAYS JULIUS WECHTER AND THE BAJA MARIMBAS

Julius Wechter and the Baja Marimba band were one of A&M Records’ most popular artists. Their records were fun, tuneful, and unique and a perfect compliment to Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass. At the end of the 1980s, Julius assembled some amazing musicians and created the Baja Marimbas – basically to just have fun and to keep the music alive. This recording, originally done on the Bay Cities label and titled New Deal, was their one and only album. It has been out of print for almost two decades and we are thrilled to make it available once again to Baja fans everywhere.

It has been remastered with tender loving care and sounds better than ever. We’ve also included with a few great bonus tracks making their CD debut. This Baja Marimbas is leaner than the Baja Marimba Band, but it is no less wonderful – the music is infectious and amazing, with great players doing both standards and originals. Hear such great tunes as “We’re Off to See the Wizard,” “But Not for Me,” “Lazy Days,” “Pavanne,” “Baja Noce,” and others. Bonus tracks include, “Nine on a Match,” “Green Bird,” “Alone Again, Naturally,” the theme from “Deep Throat,” and a commercial for the Santa Anita Race track.

Lazy Days is like a trip back in time to an era when music could just be fun – fun, beautifully performed, and with melodies you can actually hum and tunes you can actually tap your feet to.

Lazy Days is limited to 1000 copies only and is priced at $17.98, plus shipping.
www.kritzerland.com

Also be sure to check out Julius Wechter’s great work (both score and arrangements) on his son David Wechter’s (with Michael Nankin) award-winning short film, Junior High School, which has a new Blu-ray and CD release right here at Kritzerland.

CD will ship the first week of September, however, never fear, we usually get in copies one to five weeks in advance of the official ship date (we’ve been averaging four weeks).

"Green Bird" is "Elegant Rag". Are these the same tracks as on "Naturally" or alternate takes? I can't tell from the samples. Glad to have "Daily Double" here...would have loved "Man, That's Coffee" too. I'll be sending for mine today.

Well, with my order that's four sold, assuming Steve's ordered one! Only 996 left.

Harry

I just ordered three copies. That's a nice cover (and, as Captain B. says, it's good that El Whizzer isn't in the background). I'll be interested to see what the rest of the packaging is like. Also looking forward to the bonus tracks, whether they're alternate takes from Naturally or not.

Mike A.

Maybe if this sells-out lickety-split, it could pave the way for some more Baja reissues...? One can hope!

Linear Sketches would make an interesting "bookend" release.

BajaMarimbascover.jpg

KL_BajaMarimbas_Pkg_R2-3z.jpg

LAZYBookBack.jpg

LAZYBOOKins1.jpg

LAZYBOOKINS2.jpg

LAZYDISC.jpg

Here is the artwork for this release. If you want to see more photos of The
Baja Marimbas performing live, go to my Facebook Julius Wechter page:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.129529223835262.23968.111582155629969&type=3
or The Kritzerland site: http://www.kritzerland.com/bajas_pix.htm
Enjoy! And don't forget to order your copy - a limited edition issue of 1,000 CDs
will be sold out before you know it!

LAZY DAYS has shipped! If you have already placed your order, your CD with Bonus Tracks could be on its way to you. If you haven't yet placed an order - what are you waiting for? This may well be your last chance to get these tunes and five bonus tracks. Go to www.Kritzerland.com and order now.

hi guys wow the baja marimba band has not had a new release in ages. will any of the local stores.or itunes have it.because I do not have a charge card.
thanks bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom