"The Band I Heard In Tijuana"

Shane

A year ago or so I came across this 5LP boxed set. I posted it on a facebook board somewhere, making a snarky comment, something along the lines of "who would want to listen to 5LPs of this ripoff?"
Someone wiser than me pointed out this set is one of the best of the TJB imposters. I forgot about the post and the records sat in my garage for a year. Today I came across the set, and gave a couple records a spin. At times it sounds like a lost TJB album. The arrangements are good, the playing is good... I'm going to have to recommend this to any fans who haven't heard it. The only thing a little annoying so far is the quarter-note bass drum intro, ala "A Taste Of Honey"... it's used somewhat ad nauseum on this record.

R-1941921-1253947401.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
A year ago or so I came across this 5LP boxed set. I posted it on a facebook board somewhere, making a snarky comment, something along the lines of "who would want to listen to 5LPs of this ripoff?"
Someone wiser than me pointed out this set is one of the best of the TJB imposters. I forgot about the post and the records sat in my garage for a year. Today I came across the set, and gave a couple records a spin. At times it sounds like a lost TJB album. The arrangements are good, the playing is good... I'm going to have to recommend this to any fans who haven't heard it. The only thing a little annoying so far is the quarter-note bass drum intro, ala "A Taste Of Honey"... it's used somewhat ad nauseum on this record.

R-1941921-1253947401.jpeg.jpg
I had this exact set back in the 80s and even though it falls Into the "TJB IMITATORS" Category there are some good songs and arrangements and not so much the TJB covers but some of the other songs done TJB style like Greensleeves Little brown jug Frankie and Johnny just to name a few

Back
Top Bottom