"The Beat Of The Brass" special

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVSounds

Hi,

I'm looking for a copy of the April 22, 1968 CBS television special titled "The Beat Of The Brass". I have the complete show (with commercials) on audio tape. Can anyone tell me where I might purchase the show on video tape? Thank you.

I can't remember who I got mine from....if I find it, I'll post it here. This was an eBay seller who had a lot of older shows on videocassette. I think I paid somewhere around $25 for it...but don't expect good quality. Mine's too ratty to try to make a copy of.

-= N =-

Right 'bout now, I can dig hearing that re-make of "BoBo", with that calliope, in place of marimba, which was quite a send-up.
Warm Wishes,
Steve

I have purchased my Herb & TJB videos from a company called "Kinvideo".

Here is the link to their web site

http://www.kinevideo.net/

They also have some cool Baja Marimba band appearances on the Hollywood palace, plus the A&M records Hollywood Palace show.

Jeff

Last I checked, they didn't actually sell the individual shows, but had a nice compilation of clips from these shows. Have they added some new items recently?

(Like I need more ways to spend disposable income... :confused: )

-= N =-

are the T.J.B/B.M.B/ Brasil '66's Hollyweird (pun intended :laugh: ) from '68. This took place just prior to the release of "Herb Alpert's Ninth", and only offered one selection ("A Banda") from that album during that show. Two items that I recall were trombonist Edmondson's declaration that the T.J.B. were (actually a septet) either "a sextet plus one, or an over-sextet"....then there was a segment that had audience-members lighting a match, and lemme say that the light (clearly back in the pre-anti-smoking era!)....and then the other concert that want to someday hear, was the legendary Crescendo date from '64, which would be interesting, as it most likely included live performances of titles from the 'Brass's' first 4 releases...howwabout a live version of "Mexican Corn", "El Lobo", "Green Peppers", or perhaps stage versions of material that would eventually find their way onto 'Brass' albums, so imagine a '64 rendering of "Flamingo", "Trolley Song", "What Now My Love", played by 5 members of what would evolve into a famous band.
Warm Wishes,
Steve, the shamelessly hooked Pepperhead that sez " Catchya L8ER, so have a pleasant one...and Harry, thanx for providing that cool list of B.M.B. selections...lol in 6 to 8 weeks, wonderfull c.d.'s by the T.J.B.'s "bad little bro's" should arrive, thanx to valuable info provided at the 'Corner'"

venturaguy49 said:
are the T.J.B/B.M.B/ Brasil '66's Hollyweird (pun intended :laugh: ) from '68. This took place just prior to the release of "Herb Alpert's Ninth", and only offered one selection ("A Banda") from that album during that show.

There were three songs from 9th on this particular show of Hollywood Palace - "With A Little Help...", "Love Nest" and "A Banda".

Capt. Bacardi
NP: Very Best of Chicago

I remember that show...Herb was doing a play-along with a studio recording console to the BMB's "Portuguese Washerwoman" {at least I THINK that's what it was}; and Julius came out and pulled the plug...he and Herb argued a bit, then Julius announced that the BMB would play "Fiddler on the Roof". Herb noted that that was one of HIS favorite songs. to which Julius replied,".....Gee, Herb, I wish it was one of OURS..."

Dan, remembering the good old days with a real killer backache... :cry:

by observing that that I somehow, and me suspects one of those 'señor momentos' may have been responsible, and I've mucho experience making excuses for my s.m.'s, as I've been having them since my mid-30's, so lemme think, just what is this discourse about? Hmmmm uhmmmm...oh, yes, it's to ammend the site of that cool T.J.B. concert to the Hollywood Bowl, which makes some difference. Well, haven hopefully rectified that gooph, I'll now head on my merry way to bigger and better phlubbz...lol and it's a safe bet that I'll succeed in my venture. :jester:

it's like a friend of mine would say:"it's time that we take el toro by the tail and face the situation"...L8ER!
Warm Wishes,
Steve, who's gonna split 4 anodder 'geezer-goodie' comes around. Aint I lucky that my head's attached!

What is the quality of the tapes that kinevideo has for sale? I see on his website that there are three volumes. Are they in color?

I've been thinking of purchasing these for a while.

Irwin said:
What is the quality of the tapes that kinevideo has for sale? I see on his website that there are three volumes. Are they in color?

I've been thinking of purchasing these for a while.

I have all three, but it has been awhile since I've watched them. As I recall they are all in Black and White, quality is so-so but it's fun to listen to the music again, even if it is lip synced. Kind of fun to watch the commercials as well, pretty innocent stuff from that time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom