THE BRASS ARE COMIN' resequenced: Opinions? Thoughts?

As anyone who has bought it from iTunes knows, THE BRASS ARE COMIN' was resequenced on the iTunes version. This was touched on in the review thread for the album, but I think it might be a good discussion topic on its own, especially since things are a mite quiet lately.

The original lineup was:

The Brass Are Comin' (The Little Train of Caipira)
Good Morning Mr. Sunshine
Country Lake
I'll Be Back
Moon River
The Maltese Melody
Sunny
I'm An Old Cowhand (From the Rio Grande)
Anna
Robbers and Cops
Moments
You Are My Life

iTunes rejiggered the lineup significantly, thusly:

The Maltese Melody
Anna
Good Morning Mr. Sunshine
Country Lake
You Are My Life
Robbers and Cops
Sunny
Moments
I'll Be Back
Moon River
I'm An Old Cowhand (From the Rio Grande)
The Brass are Comin' (The Little Train of Caipira)

I can't exactly put my finger on why, but to me the iTunes lineup plays much better than the original. "Maltese" besides being a minor hit single, is also a much stronger "opening song" than the title tune. I also like that they moved "You Are My Life" away from the end - it's not a good closer like "This Guy's In Love With You" was. Also putting the very melancholy "I'll Be Back" in the side two area is a good idea.

I know some here would prefer the original album lineup. I think one reason the lineup change doesn't bother me too much is that I did most of my "back in the day" listening on this album on 8-track, which had yet another different sequence. So maybe I can hear this album in just about any order without it bugging me.

Any other opinions floating around on this? Any other TJB albums you think could use resequencing?
I still like the title track first, but after that, I agree with you!

Funny - I listened to the iTunes order today in the car and then this thread was revived!

Back
Top Bottom