"The Brass Are Comin'"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why I never noticed it before but at least one of the TJB guys in the photo is carrying a FRENCH horn, an instrument that (to my knowledge at least) never appeared in a TJB song (well, except maybe as part of an orchestra). There are two trumpets and what looks like a fluegelhorn in the lineup... but no trombones.

I was just thinking about that French horn today...I mean, yeah, if you were waging war with brass insturments, by all means trumpet, trombone, baritone horn, even a tuba...but what would you expect to win using a French Horn??

Some of the cutest girls in band played the French horn, though... :love:

How do you make a trumpet sound like a French horn? Shove your hand in the bell and miss a bunch of notes...

mike how you doing? if you listen to the SRO album or cd the song on side 2 For Carlos sound like a french horn or a flugeglhorn at lease that is what is sounds like to me.

Bob

"Carmen" has some awesome French horns at the beginning fanfare playing very quickly.
I was thinking about the Carmen orchestration when I made my post, actually...hence my "orchestra" disclaimer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom