🎄 Holidays! The christmas album

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CD had been gracing store shelves at this time of year from the mid 80s through 2000. In 2001, it was deleted when Definitive Hits was released, and is now out-of-print. Best bets for finding it today are eBay or half.com, but be prepared to pay a rather hefty price.

Other than that, finding a vinyl album copy is pretty easy. You could always try to find a clean one and dub it to CD.

Harry
...good luck, online...

Two other sources are GEMM ( http://www.amcorner.com/gemm ) and Amazon's Marketplace ( http://www.amcorner.com/amazon ) where other vendors may be selling new or used copies.

I have two copies myself, plus the original LP version. If I were buying today, I'd get the LP, since I get the feeling this album may end up being remastered and re-released within the next year or two. Last sealed TJB Xmas CD I was aware of sold for $50...and that's cheap for this time of year!

I hope they re-release it AND restore the original artwork, especially the back cover which looked way better than the replacement!

Too bad that whoever's incharge of the A&M label these days doesn't register here and get input from us as to what to do with the back catalogs, eh?

I'd suggest the following: amazon.com, cdnow.com, or cduniverse.com. Was searching for Herb Alpert stuff on Amazon and found out that they have a CD copy of the album. :wink:

Amazon lists "Christmas" as out of stock and will remain so till Herb decides how to exploit his masters. Thank goodness,that after letting this CD go through my hands as iIordered and/or returned it over the years while running a CD store,I finally found a copy of it at our local music expo this past June-five bucks,just the price in my head. Summer is the best time to buy Christmas music. Mac

For Xmas spending money: copy the CD, then sell the original on half.com for $49.95. (It's been done before. :wink: )

I have two copies now, but won't part with either one until something better comes along. The first one, the german import, I'll hang onto just for being a somewhat rare item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom