THE ESSENTIAL HERB ALPERT - U.K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or to have a computer and an incoming UK torrent!:cool:

I always liked direct PAL feeds anyways, such better quality.

Come to think of it, did the UK implement Digital and ditch the Analog signal like here in the US?

Before watching Herb's Doc on BBC4, be sure to keep an eye open for Later With... Jools Holland on BBC2. We've heard that Herb will play Taste Of Honey with host, pianist and band leader, Jools, who is also founding member of the band, Squeeze.

A&M Corner Mate, Tony Currie, also has an interview set up with Herb & Lani while they're across the pond.

That's great news Steve! Looking forward to your interview Tony!

"Later With... Jools Holland" is a great program, and through the magic of computer torrents I've been a fan of it for years even though I live "across the pond".

Jools playing with his old A&M boss, very Cool For Cats!

"Later with...Jools Holland" is shown here on the Ovation channel (I have Time Warner cable). So maybe we'll be able to see that.

Also, the Documentary Channel had a commercial where they were promoting their new shows coming up, and Herb's name was one of several that scrolled by. I went to that website but didn't see anything other than the "Music For Your Eyes" doc (which you can purchase the DVD of, by the way), but maybe they haven't updated the site yet.

Capt. Bacardi

CherryStreet said:
Come to think of it, did the UK implement Digital and ditch the Analog signal like here in the US?

We haven't ditched analog yet, but we also have digital satellite and terrestrial as well as cable...............

Stephen

Stephen Vakil said:
With this weather? I'd prefer to be driving up and down PCH!

No you wouldn't. Most coastal towns from Santa Barbara, Malibu down to Orange County have what they have called, "The Bummer Summer". They have been socked in all summer with much colder temps, no sun and a "fog" that does not burn off for pretty much the entire summer. We've been very lucky here in Bel Air and it has been a cooler & magnificent summer, but you just head a few miles west and boom, Bummer Summer.

Besides, you get to watch the new Herb Doc live. :cool:

Bumping this up - I needed to place an order from the UK (some "Rumer" stuff) and I thought I'd tack on the ESSENTIAL HERB ALPERT title onto the order. It arrived about a week ago and it's been sitting here on my desk.

I just happened to glance down at it and noticed that it's got the first picture in this thread's misspelling of "Albert" (HERB ALBERT'S GREATEST HITS).

51g2EqF5LHL._SS500_.jpg

So if they fixed it - they didn't fix all of them.

Harry

Personally, I'm not convinced that they did a reprint. Has anyone got a set with Herb's name spelled correctly???

I'm betting that they haven't yet done a reprint. It's too expensive and would have delayed the release date. They'll probably correct it for any future printings, but in these days when no-one can spell anyway, they're not going to "waste" money on getting it right.

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom