"The Frog" live on Youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brasil_66_Fan

Just found a live performance of "The Frog" by Brasil 66 (one of my favorites) for the first time on Youtube. It appears to have been loaded just a couple of weeks ago. There's also a 'hip hopped' version from a 2007 Sergio concert in there which is somewhat interesting, but not really my cup of tea...

Ah yes, Lani and Janis--my favorite vocal duo. The Vibrato jazz club would be a perfect venue to have Lani and Janis come and sing together for old times sake.

Interestingly, my favorite Brasil 66 ballad "Like a Lover" and my favorite Brasil 66 up tempo song "The Frog" appear on consecutive tracks on the same album--Look Around. What an incredible double play sound!

You can just about imagine the director of whatever that show is, going "Hey wait, they're singing some other language....we need to get some dancers in there. Wait, there's another verse? MORE DANCERS!"

Wish I knew - back then I'd check all the music/variety show listings for their appearances but don't recall ever seeing this listed....

Please refer to my April 3. 2014 post entitled "Sergio Mendes & Brasil 66 on Oct. 31, 1967 Jerry Lewis Show". The guest shot includes "The Frog" and "Watch What Happens".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom