Gordon Goodwin - Tenor Sax

Recorded and Remixed at Larrabee Sound, Los Angeles, CA
Engineer: Mick Guzauski
Assistant Engineer: Betsy Banghart
Mastered at The Mastering Room, San Francisco, CA
Cover Photo: Bob De Mello
Art Direction: DH Studio
Liner Notes: Philip Elwood, San Francisco Examiner

This album is dedicated with love to my grandparents, Frank and Chrissy Burgess, two constant and sublime sources of inspiration. Grant Geissman

This LP is out of print

Capt. Bacardi

This album came out right when Mangione-mania was starting. It's pretty much a straight-ahead jazz album with some decent playing by all members of the group. The most interesting tracks are those written by saxman Gordon Goodwin. Geissman's playing is rather laid back for the most part, the only frivolous playing (that he would soon be known for) is on his "Mambo Guava-Sava Samba". Not a knockout album for sure, but still has its moments.

Capt. Bacardi

You may disagree with me on this Captain. ( which is perfectly OK.) But i enjoy Grant Geissman's music from the Late 80s until 1998 ( His smooth jazz period) i was very fortunate to obtain a couple of very rare cds from the TBA label "Snapshots" from 1987 and "All My Tomorrows" from 1988. i got them almost a year ago for very cheap in immaculate condition. I also have all his Mesa/Bluemoon cds from the 90s and a couple others. which i got back when they were readily availible. I always enjoy listening to Geissman's guitar work his 1993 cd "Rustic Technology" was all acoustic instrumentation no electronic instruments were used and He really did some great acoustic guitar work on that one it has some Country /folk like elements on some songs at times such as "Tune For JT". I just thought id chime in and offer my views on Grant Geissman's music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom