The Karen Carpenter Story Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^I correct myself, the "Now" scene in the recording studio is previous to Thanksgiving dinner.
Needless to say, Karen was already released from her treatment, then the song
"Now" is shown being sung by Karen in the recording studio, then Thanksgiving dinner.
That is still anachronistic to when "Now" was actually tracked---April 1982.
Yes, I realize the 'viewing public' would never have known, or cared, when that
final song was actually recorded.

Last edited:
The Todd Haynes movie stripped off the cotton candy veneer of their "image". That's why a lot of fans don't like it. These are the fans that didn't like the guitar solo in Goodbye To Love, the fact that Richard is smoking while seated in the airplane in the video for I Need To Be In Love, Karen's solo album, and complained when Richard and the band members were having beer during rehearsals in Tulsa on a hot summer day (Ref: The Roger Scott radio interview). The movie certainly put Karen in a sympathetic light in dealing with the tremendous pressures of the entertainment industry. The early 70s was completely different from now, where you have Adele and Kelly Clarkson and being overweight is not a detriment to their success.

The Todd Haynes movie stripped off the cotton candy veneer of their "image". That's why a lot of fans don't like it. These are the fans that didn't like the guitar solo in Goodbye To Love, the fact that Richard is smoking while seated in the airplane in the video for I Need To Be In Love, Karen's solo album, and complained when Richard and the band members were having beer during rehearsals in Tulsa on a hot summer day (Ref: The Roger Scott radio interview). The movie certainly put Karen in a sympathetic light in dealing with the tremendous pressures of the entertainment industry. The early 70s was completely different from now, where you have Adele and Kelly Clarkson and being overweight is not a detriment to their success.

Sorry, but that's just a bunch of c**p. The abomination that is the Todd Haynes movie, and the straight-forward realization of it after watching it, has nothing to do with their image or any of the other things you listed. Your attempt to generalize fans that can see the ridiculousness of the Todd Hayne's film is just nonsense.

You can hear the bleed of the backgrounds from the tape. Very cool.

Those bled through Karen's headset while she tracked the master lead. From a technical mixing standpoint, it wouldn't have sounded right had they tried to mute the track in between phrases. And since the backing vocals are embedded under the lead in certain places, the leakage stayed in the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom