The Late Roger Young? Carpenters sound engineer.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluevelvetkev

HI ! Glad to find this Forum!!!

I was at the Newville Convention in 1999 and believe that many of you visit here. My name is Kevin and I am from San Diego.

Another Carpenter fan - BRAD - (who I met at the convention) called me today after purchasing the newest box set. Inside the booklet, Richard refers to Karen's fine voice, arrangements, etc..... but Richard refers to "the late Roger Young" and his engineering. I do not own the boxset - tho I did purchase "Carpenters perform Carpenter" - and was wondering if anyone knew what happened to Roger Young. This man himself was gifted and talented in being Richard's left arm to mix and sound this timeless music. Richard must have surely relied and respected this man alot.

Any info ????

I don't know how or when Roger Young died,but I do know that several people associated with Karen and Richard(producers,arrangers,A&M executives,managers,etc) have passed away in the past 15 years,and many of them were relatively young(40's-50's).

I'm sure they built a great friendship over the years. It was probably alot like it was with Karen- at some point I bet, Roger probably just KNEW what Richard was looking for.

Mark

Believe Roger Young Died of Cancer Early 1996 , Which Must have Been a Personal / Musical Loss for Richard After 25 Year Association :sad:

Ray Coleman Later Died of Cancer in September 1996 -Another Long Time Link Broken - :sad:

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom