The Look Of Love: Janis Hansen OR Karen Philipp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jilanha

WHO is the lead singer on The Look of Love? Janis or Karen? NO!! It is not Lani, she sings backup with Sergio and the guys.

I believe we decided it was Janis. Of course, just because 'we' decided it, doesn't make it necessarily so! But it seems likely. The evidence supporting the fact that it's Lani is simply that she'd been out in front on just about every Mendes tune up to that point, but there's something different about "The Look Of Love." The opening whispery vocals, are not characterisic of Lani Hall, so it seems likely that it would be Janis Hansen, right? Well there's also a bit of evidence that it could have been an early appearance by Karen Phillipp. The photo used on the "Look Of Love" single cover shows the newer Brasil '66 aggregation, including Karen.

So who is it? I don't really know, but I'll 'vote' for Janis.

Harry
...with theories, online...

Back when this album debuted, as I'd mentioned in another forum, consists of a different personnel line-up than depicted on the cover, as word had it back then, and "Look of Love" involved two vocalists, with Janis on lead during the opening ( her voice was noticable higher and more delicate that Lani's, who, in turn, took the solo with the line "be mine, tonight, let this be...";switching leads was a frequent practice, and it played on the individual characteristics of the gal's voices. As for the identity of the gal, it would difficult to say, and I'm only assuming her to be Janis...hmmmm maybe I'll compare vocals on this album with "Fool on the Hill", which did feature Karen; on "Look Around", the players from the first two productions were augmented by by Sergio's former collegues from the 'Trio'.Regardless of the actual line-up, Brasil '66 remained a swinging aggregation, and those sexy gals in their cute midi-skirts...well let's just say that they weren't wasted on this girl watcher, but I won't elaborate here :laugh:
Warm Wishes,
P.S. the true value of this fine production is in the lyrics of the title track. I'm into metaphysics in a huge way, so the song's implication that the vastness of the Universe, or 'Void', depending opon what you may call it, can also be concentrated into an infintessably small place, and that all thoughts/knowledge is in all places at all times...woh that 's heavy, but imagine if we can ever tap into the Subconcious successfully, then maybe we can completely eliminate birth defects, increase our longevity (what would happen if we could use our 'previous genes', as I call them?) Remember that D.N.A. remains intact, and genes become dormant, and therefore they don't disappear, so were we to re-use them, from any phase of our lives, wouldn't we become that phase again? It's like the ancient Mayans would say: "food for thought, and grounds for further research". All-in-any-rate, it's an interesting thing to consider...just Look Around, and WITHIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom