The music of Julius Wechter-rare 33rpm?

I have this - and I only paid like $30 a few years ago when I got it. The tracks on it are:

Spanish Flea
Brasilia
Up Cherry Street
Warm (a vocal bossa version with a bit of TJB at the end)
The Nicest Things Happen (vocal version)
Fowl Play
Bean Bag
The Nicest Things Happen (TJB version)
Blue Sunday
Spanish Flea

With the exception of the two vocal versions the rest are by the TJB or BMB. One of the Spanish Flea cuts is a variety of versions by other artists. It's nice to have but I wouldn't pay $250 for it.

Capt. Bacardi

I too found a much cheaper copy on eBay a few years back, for even less than $30. The album seems to be rare but not so rare that I'd fork over $250 for a copy. It's well worth having if you're a hard-core Julius Wechter fan. The very nice vocal on "Warm" is by Karen Philipp, and the vocal on "Nicest Things Happen" (a much slower arrangement than the TJB version and with different instrumentation) is by Shirley something or other, who sang with the Gin Blossoms. Lyrics by Cissy Wechter on both tunes, I believe.

--Mike A.

Music Of Julius Wechter Front.jpg

A little added information on one of these tracks has just come to light. The very first track on the album is "Spanish Flea". It's a combined version starting with the Tijuana Brass, then picking up with Brasil '66's section of the song, and concluding with an orchestral version that had gotten labeled as some sort of Baja Marimba Band version. But it never sounded like the BMB to me, and it's unidentified on the album.

An hour ago, I played it for SoundHound, which couldn't come up with anything. Then, I was just about to upload it to YouTube to see if anyone out there could pinpoint from where it came - and YouTube itself identified it with a copyright claim. It turns out to be Jerry Fielding and the Hollywood Brass.

The track from Jerry Fielding is up on YouTube, but it really sounds like crap. But you can at least sample it. The part on this Rondor record is about the last minute or so.

A little added information on one of these tracks has just come to light. The very first track on the album is "Spanish Flea". It's a combined bersion starting with the Tijuana Brass, then picking up with Brasil '66's section of the song, and concluding with an orchestral version that had gotten labeled as some sort of Baja Marimba Band version. But it never sounded like the BMB to me, and it's unidentified on the album.

An hour ago, I played it for SoundHound, which couldn't come up with anything. Then, I was just about to upload it to YouTube to see if anyone out there could pinpoint from where it came - and YouTube itself identified it with a copyright claim. It turns out to be Jerry Fielding and the Hollywood Brass.

The track from Jerry Fielding is up on YouTube, but it really sounds like crap. But you can at least sample it. The part on this Rondor record is about the last minute or so.

Well, that was different...

A little added information on one of these tracks has just come to light. The very first track on the album is "Spanish Flea". It's a combined bersion starting with the Tijuana Brass, then picking up with Brasil '66's section of the song, and concluding with an orchestral version that had gotten labeled as some sort of Baja Marimba Band version. But it never sounded like the BMB to me, and it's unidentified on the album.

Reminds me so much of The George Garabedian awful trumpet of Harry arms version equally all over the place and a Novelty piece for sure

Back
Top Bottom