The Rain Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

gracefarm

A friend just found this forum and found a discussion about my old A&M album 'The Rain Book". I'm stunned. It was so long ago... what IS this place????
Renee Armand

Hello & welcome!

The short answer is, that this is the place for all things related to A&M Records and the artists who recorded there, all the way back to 1962. We are fans of all ages, who have found this place to be somewhere in which we can share our passions about the various great artists who made the special music that had an "A" and an "M" on the label. Over time, we have had several artists join in here to say hello and post about their recorded works. Mr. A. & Mr. M are well aware of our existence and seem to be pleased that their work is still celebrated by fans all around the world.

Hi Renee. Welcome to the A&M Corner. As a matter of fact I was listening to some of THE RAIN BOOK this morning on my mp3 player. I discovered the album after some discussion here and then seeing your appearance on the extras section of THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE DVD. I hadn't realized that you were the same artist who performed for Carol Lynley and did an album for A&M.

I scoured the Internet looking for THE RAIN BOOK, found a pretty decent copy of it and fell in love with the album. After that I just HAD to track down one of the Japanese CD copies, and thanks to a friend here at the A&M Corner, was able to do so. It's a prized possession.

Thanks for the wonderful album and just know that there are some of us out here who appreciate what you accomplished. My favorite track is "Raining In L.A." - it still provides goosebumps whenever I hear it.

Harry

Hello Renee and welcome. I was also an owner of "The Rain Book." I remember the thing that made me buy the album was that embossed cover...I figured the "special" packaging must mean the album was above average. Unfortunately my album got "garage sale'd" or something...I don't have it anymore, but it's on my list to track down.

Welcome, Renee...! I enjoy The Rain Book a lot, as well as your follow-up to it on RCA/Windsong...

Thank you for joining us here...!

Dave

Welcome to the Corner and hope you find it as enjoyable and informative as we have.

I have the original LP plus the import CD reissue of 'THE RAIN BOOK.' It's a recording that's withstood the test of time quite well, considering it was released 38 years ago.

It's great to have you visit us and hope you'll drop by often.

JB

Wow! Hi, Renee...and let me join the welcoming committee.

Always loved THE RAIN BOOK and played the daylights out of "Raining In L.A." as a (very) small market Program Director/DJ.

---Michael Hagerty

Well, this is pretty wonderful, and I'm so sorry it took me so long to find my way back into this thing (I have an easier time of it on FB, to tell the truth.... maybe because it's weirdly indulgent to look myself up).
Thank you, belatedly, for the sweet welcome (I'm still not sure how to get here).
Just back from Turkey with dervishes, and then did a three nighter with the Nashville Symphony and my old darling Jim Horn. Wish you could hear some of the new stuff.
Thanks again.
Renee

(I'm still not sure how to get here).

Simple. Just key in your browser, http://www.amcorner.com/forum

That'll get you to the main Forum index. From there, this thread is located in the "Small Circle Of Friends" Forum - or you can visit any forum you'd like.

Just back from Turkey with dervishes, and then did a three nighter with the Nashville Symphony and my old darling Jim Horn. Wish you could hear some of the new stuff.
Thanks again.
Renee

And we'd love to hear new stuff. Welcome back.

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom