The Recognition Karen Deserves

It would be nice if a documentary like Amy Winehouse got or a movie like Judy Garland got could be made about Karen.

These would be my preference but the music would never make it to the finished product if it was a movie made without Richard’s involvement. The only way it could potentially happen is once he is no longer with us, but I strongly suspect he will leave strict rules in place beyond his lifetime (enforced by his estate) that prohibit a) the use of their music in this way or b) any more previously unreleased material from being put out. He’s in the fortunate position (unlike many other artists) to have completed their legacy to the best it could have been completed within his lifetime. In his own words: all done.

One nice thought...but bittersweet..their records sold millions and continued after her passing. A great gift to us are those recordings. The recognition brought to anorexia after her passing and the commitment of the Carpenter family to both these legacies of truth is a testament.

Do you think Google would ever do a doodle for Karen? They are doing one today for Sylvia Plath's birthday. I was a little surprised to see this today. I don't see why Karen isn't deserving of one as well.

Back
Top Bottom