The Road to Yesterday (Live 1974) - Digital Live Album

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy Cawili

It's yesterday once more....
Hi guys.

Just wondering about this new album I found on YouTube and double checked on Apple Music. It sound like the Live in Japan album but had a different name and states on the cover that it was the live broadcast from the Budokan concert in 1974. Don't know if this was released from Universal because the label on the album on Apple Music is under Stiletto Discs.

YouTube link for the album:

Apple Music link: ‎The Road to Yesterday (Live 1974) by Carpenters

Spotify:

Thanks.

These unauthorised compilations don’t tend to last long on Spotify. I’m not even sure how they get through the publishing process and end up on there. There was another one a few years back that included the remix of Road Ode and other less common mixes. On closer inspection it turned out to be a rehash of the UK “Treasures” album. It didn’t last long in its entirety but it’s actually still there on Spotify, although most of the tracks are not available to play and those that are, are simply the original studio album versions.

“New” Carpenters Compilation on Spotify: A Curiosity Find

Last edited:
These unauthorised compilations don’t tend to last long on Spotify. I’m not even sure how they get through the publishing process and end up on there. There was another one a couple of years back that included the remix of Road Ode and a few others rare mixes. It didn’t last long before it was deleted.
Was planning to buy it on iTunes before it gets taken down. Lol. Also saw the same live album that has a different name as well. Same tracks too but was taken down a month after I saw it.

Guess they got some kind of temporary license to release it then the albums were taken down after the license expired. Streaming sites won't release albums if they don't have license.

I think Universal/A&M should just release the Live in Japan and Live at the Palladium digitally. I would love to buy it.

These unauthorised compilations don’t tend to last long on Spotify. I’m not even sure how they get through the publishing process and end up on there. There was another one a few years back that included the remix of Road Ode and other less common mixes. On closer inspection it turned out to be a rehash of the UK “Treasures” album. It didn’t last long in its entirety but it’s actually still there on Spotify, although most of the tracks are not available to play and those that are, are simply the original studio album versions.

“New” Carpenters Compilation on Spotify: A Curiosity Find

Listened to it and yes, it only played the original version of the songs that's on Spotify. Weird that they were able to have it up on streaming sites.

It really troubles me that people are willing to spend their hard-earned money on bootlegs and gray-area releases.

It really troubles me that people are willing to spend their hard-earned money on bootlegs and gray-area releases.

Sorry if I'm willing to buy :sad: maybe because of the rarity of the album digitally that I'm considering to buy. I just hope Universal releases the Live albums digitally too.

That shirt is NOT a good look for Richard and I bet he did not approve the album cover photo.
I bet karen picked it up for him on one of her shopping trips to Disneyland. I can just imagine his protests and her saying "You're wearing it!".

Sorry if I'm willing to buy :sad: maybe because of the rarity of the album digitally that I'm considering to buy. I just hope Universal releases the Live albums digitally too.

I just feel bad that: 1) fans are getting ripped off buying unofficial product 2) the artist, in this case Richard, is getting nothing 3) the bootleggers (gray area releasers) are getting your money. But people are going to do what they're going to do. We try around here to steer people toward legitimate releases, but we can only do so much

What I don't really understand in this case is that the two live albums (JAPAN and PALLADIUM) *were* released on CD. [sarcasm on] I know that's an ancient technology for you kids, but - (secret, secret) you can rip those CDs into digital files with one of those old-fashioned computers. [sarcasm off]

Meanwhile, I'm closing this thread, as it appears that the original "album on YouTube" is no longer there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom