the sandpipers on cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
universal japan have just re-released the sandpipers spanish album on cd. i hope they can follow this through with the second spanish album and others. any ideas how to contact them the site is all in japanese

I think the "missing link" is Softly... That as far as I know has never been on CD and if only it could've been included in the Collectors Choice reissue program...

Then that way, all that'd be left would be the final two LP's, Come Saturday Morning and A Gift Of Song... --Which earlier on, the Japanese have also reissued...

Dave

Spanish+Album_1.jpg

Spanish+Album_2.jpg

Spanish+Album_3.jpg

Spanish+Album_4.jpg

Didn't listen yet. Ironically about 2 weeks ago, I won a bid on e-Bay for a mint vinyl promo copy of same, but decided to also latch onto the CD. It came out when I was in high school taking Spanish and made points with the Teach after bringing the album to her attention. :D

The SPANISH ALBUM is one of the many A&M items I had on one of those black 8-track cartridges that were notorious for clogging up. Once it finally gave up the ghost I never got the album again. I might need to snag one of these.

can we suggest some where to re-release the second spanish album or the other sandpipers on cd. can anyone tell me the email of universal japan . i cant understand japanese on the site

As one of the early "compilation" albums in the A&M catalog, SPANISH ALBUM is comprised of previously released tracks from three of The Sandpipers earlier albums. Even though the titles were printed here in Spanish for some of the songs, the actual songs remain exactly as they appeared on their original albums:

1. Guantanamera - (from GUANTANAMERA)
2. La Bamba - (from GUANTANAMERA)
3. Estranos De La Noche (Strangers In The Night) - (from GUANTANAMERA)
4. Llevame A La Luna (Fly Me To The Moon) - (from MISTY ROSES)
5. Cancion De Amor (Wanderlove) - (from SOFTLY)
6. Louie, Louie - (from GUANTANAMERA)
7. Cuando Salí De Cuba (The Wind Will Change Tomorrow) - (from MISTY ROSES)
8. Ayer (Yesterday) - (from THE SANDPIPERS)
9. Michelle - (from THE SANDPIPERS)
10. Y La Quiero (And I Love Her) - (from MISTY ROSES)
11. Enamorado - (from GUANTANAMERA)
12. Ojos Españoles (Spanish Eyes) - (from SOFTLY, as "Ojos de España)

So this Japanese disc would offer two tracks digitally that are still unavailable, since SOFTLY has never been released on CD.

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom