the sandpipers

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wish they would release the sandpipers albums on cd
i have the 2 twofers guantanamera and misty roses
but what about all the rest
anyone know where i can get a copy of the digital remastered a&m best of cd on cdr or whatever
it has vanished of this earth
Terry
[email protected] :sad: :sad:

It looks like the A&M DIGITALLY REMASTERED BEST has just about disappeared. I see no traces of it on Gemm or eBay. Amazon has a listing, but it's "not available". It doesn't show up at Japanese sources like HMV Japan or CD Japan.

DIGITALLY REMASTERED BEST was a Japanese series from around 1998 featuring discs from the Baja Marimba Band, Sandpipers, Chris Montez and Claudine Longet. It looks like there was also one by Gino Vanelli that I found in the Gemm listings.

I personally have the BMB, Sandpipers and Claudine Longet discs.

As you mentioned, Collectors Choice has released two different two-fers, comprising the albums GUANTANAMERA/THE SANDPIPERS, and MISTY ROSES/THE WONDER OF YOU. Those are both currently still available.

Both COME SATURDAY MORNING and A GIFT OF SONG were released in Japan as UICY-3290 and UICY-3291 back around 2002. Both are now available from expensive marketplace sellers at Amazon.

That seems to leave SOFTLY as the lonely stepchild, skipped over by Collectors Choice and never issued in Japan, as far as I know.

Carl Magnus Palm, noted discographer and liner notes writer for ABBA, has done a fairly thorough discography for The Sandpipers, having stopped by here a while back for some info. It can be found here:

http://www.carlmagnuspalm.com/personal/sandpipers/sandpipers.html

I know that I've skirted all around the issue, but other than watching eBay, signing up at CD Japan for Sandpipers info as it comes out, and continuing to search Gemm, I have no other answers.

My personal favorite Sandpipers album is the one missing from CD: SOFTLY, from which I've transferred the tracks from my LP to CD-R. And that's always a possibility. Find the albums you want as LP's and make CD's for yourself.

Harry

Didn't Collectors Choice have these out as two-fers?

Harry said:
...Seems to leave Softly as the lonely stepchild, skipped over by Collectors Choice and never issued in Japan, as far as I know...

True, as I, too, have never seen Softly reissued and don't know how it will be without an omission of another album should Collectors Choice release it in tandem with one of the two remaining titles...

The same "odd-number complex" exists in Collectors Choice's CD reissues of the first two Jimmie Rodgers and We Five LP's with the final one from each artist still waiting to make its debut on CD...

There are also a few non-LP tracks by Rogers ("What A Strange Town", "(Without Her) Father Paul", "Shadows", "(I Won't) Be Responsible", "Butterbean Suzie") or at least one is part of a Soundtrack ("Tomorrow Is My Friend") and a few by The Sandpipers ("The World Is A Circle", "Baby, I Could Be So Good At Loving You", "Woman"--from The Sandpipers S/T LP sessions) as well as different mix of one of their songs, ("Temptation") too...

Dave

Maybe SOFTLY could be paired for reissue with the 1977 Australian album OVERDUE (RCA VPLI 1 4048). This had a minor single, "Hang On Sloopy."

JB

i will try and get a best of cd or the digitally remastered best of
the tracks i am after are quando m innamoro and come saturday morning
i have tried itune s and other download sites
T

pufnstuf1969 said:
i will try and get a best of cd or the digitally remastered best of
the tracks i am after are quando m innamoro and come saturday morning
i have tried itune s and other download sites
T

My first post to this forum and a big Hello! to everyone. :)

I missed the Japanese reissues when they came out, as well. However, all is not lost. Here is how I got "Come Saturday morning" on CD: It is available in Volume 1 of the "Super Hits Of he '70s:Have A Nice Day" compilation issued by Rhino. The serial number of the CD is R2-70921. Amazon has it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom